Hello I started to work out and diet this week. but the same time diarrhea started dont know why, could it be the crunches in the morning.

I havnt eaten any Dairy. Dont know what gives.

Ok, me too!! I joined a fitness bootcamp and ever since I started I get diarrhea right after I work out. I eat really well and I stay away from dairy and meat for the most part, but have a well balanced diet full of fruits and veggies an other means of protein.

I read somewhere that stress on the core can cause diarrhea, but I don't know how credible that source is.

I would like to know if there is something that I need to be doing differently...

this just happened to me too. i can only assume that such an immediate and significant lifestyle change is a major shock to your system. the release of lactic acid and stored toxins in your muscles are not something your body's accustomed to breaking down. i'm sure it's natural and will subside along with muscle soreness.

Happend to me too, but i still eat dairy and lots of meats

I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle, a balanced nutrition regime, workout 4/5 times a week; take protein supplements, creatine and amino acid supplements. Every time I do core straining exercises, like abdominal exercises, squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses (standing), after workout diarrheal is a regular thing. The cause of that is that my body still has a significant amount of fat (20% ish), thus broken down fatty tissue and other toxins, combined with a high intake of water, are discharged rapidly in the form of a soft (sometimes liquid stool). This is a fairly normal occurrence for someone new, fairly new or someone with a bad diet regime or overtraining problems. Unless diarrheal persists for prolonged periods of time (days or even weeks) and/or becomes painful, is discharged with blood or any other not normally present fluids it is to be treated as a normal thing. It tends to pass when a high fibber diet and a well developed core are in place; the gut will balance itself out, strengthen itself and diarrheal will become a less frequent occurrence. Hope I could help.

I have dealt with fitness for 15 years until this year(age 38) when I started health problems both physical and psychological. Anxiety, depression are the psychological ones. Prolonged fatique, insomnia and diarrhea are the physical ones. All are related to the elevated cortisol level in blood for long times. Cortisol is a stress hormone,released in case of any stress whether job related or body related.
I had to stop every kind of excercise for an uncertain time.
Please beware of this sneeky phenomenon.

Quote:
I'm having the same problem, im finally satisfied with your answer after going over 50+ pages that talk everything, but not this. Thanks! Good to know im looking fat :)

I have started to workout and diet today and after a very long workout I ate a little fruit for dinner and had diarrhea as well. I just continue to drink water and my personal trainer says its normal because i change my physical fitness level so rapidly and my diet my body needs to adjust ad after a few days my body will adapt.

I am 26 years old and I just got diarrhea. I recently changed my diet to clean things. After working out for an hour doing cardio and weights, I have had to use the bathroom 3 times. Its awful. I think it just takes time for our bodies to change. 

I am 73 and a former competitive gymnast . I have gotten back to strength exercises on the rings (iron crosses and front levers) and have developed persistent diarrhea that has gone on for several months. I have looked into my diet as a cause but now am suspecting that my workout may be the culprit. I don't want to just stop and let my body deteriorate but going to the bathroom 5-10 times a day gets old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just literally went flat broke and now im barely eating just mostly drinking water and small meals. No working out before or after. All of a sudden waking up with diharea and lasting throughout the day...

I'm betting that you guys are rating significantly more protein than you have in the past while at the same time lowering your carbs....higher protein diets are notorious for this...you have lowered your fiber inyske6,consider supplementing your fiber (make sure it's both soluble and insoluble). Another effect I'm betting you have is what's called protein farts.. hopefully this helps....BTW it will fade to some extent but in taking fiber will not only help ulower these effects but is also a neglected facet of most people diets that is important in healthy weight loss.

Hi there!
Im a nursing student.The reason for this is because of the nervous system. So when you work out or even go for a walk or any kind of movement it will stimulate the nervous system and increase something called peristalsis (the contraction of your intestines) this will speed up your digestive process and cause diarrhea. The other possible reason is a change in your diet (eating healthier). Many fruits and veggies are high fibre. Fibre also stimulates peristalsis (by adding "bulk" to your feces) which would cause your digestive system to speed up especially if its not used to getting this much fibre.

Hopefully this helps!

Sounds like you need B12. At that age, I had the same symptoms. I got injectable B12, oral liquids, sublinguals, and skins creams. I feel so much better and was able to start an exercise program again.

im being completely honest when i say this sooooooo when you do a lot of running or anything that gets you glexing your stomach and churning it all up its like a blender, aka all the fecal matter in your system yhat was just crusted to the walls of your digestive track gets loosened and expelled.