Hello there. I have one question because I was reading about this a few hours ago. So I was extremely happy when I was alone at home so that I can ask you more about this. I was reading some article about myocarditis. In one phases I found that there are a couple of viruses that can cause myocarditis. I was wondering what viruses can cause it.

Is there any chance to prevent it and if there is, what we can do about it?

I am sure that I couldn’t find it in any sentence of this article.

So if you know more about this, let me know.

Hi Eric,

It's not just one virus, many different viruses can cause myocarditis.  Chlamyida, HIV, some forms of herpes, and others. Bacteria can also cause it, some drug reactions can cause it, and so can other items in the environment such as a bee sting.

All you can really do with a virus is to prevent exposure.  Antibiotics won't stop a virus.  Wash your hands and practice good hygiene.

Hey there medic - dan. Thank you for your replay. Yes, I am aware that there are so many different viruses that can cause myocarditis. But I didn't know that those viruses that you wrote are some of them. To be honest with you, I am scared a little bit about this. I really hate to use any kind of antibiotics (but I have to, like many other people in here). I am taking a really good care about my hygiene, so I won't that this won't be a problem at all. But I was wondering, are there any other ways to prevent this?
Thank you so much.

Hello everyone.

Eric D, medic – dan has a point. I probably don’t know that much about this topic like he does, but I was reading a little bit about this. Look, a wide variety of infectious disease can result in myocarditis and it can be caused by bacteria, chlamydia, fungi, protozoa, rickettsia, etc. Viruses are most often the infectious disease that you can find in acute myocarditis. I also do know that most frequent the following viruses are found in the hearts of myocarditis patients such as: parvovirus B19, human herpes virus 6 and coxsackie virus.

Is this information helpful to you? 

Good day there. I didn’t know anything about this until it happened to one girl that I know from the mall. She works in the boutique where I am buying things all the time and she told me this. I asked her about prevention as well. She told me that there is no specific prevention for myocarditis but that you can take a few steps to prevent it. For example, you should avoid people who have a viral or flu – like illness until they are recovered. Also, like medic dan told you, you need to follow a good hygiene. Also I would like to recommend you to get your vaccines.

Hey Eric,

Like they told you already, a lot of different viruses can cause a person to get myocarditis, and don't bother about doing anything to prevent this because you can't really prevent it, you would just waste your time. 

The most common viruses that cause myocarditis are coxsackievirus B, parvovirus B19 and herpes simplex virus. Also, gastrointestinal infections, mononucleosis and German measles are also potential causes of myocarditis. Myocarditis is also common in people with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

And like I said, there is no way to prevent this from happening except to keep your hygiene at high level.

Hello everyone,

They are all right Eric, there are bunch of different viruses that could cause myocarditis with the main ones being the ones that Bee wrote above.

I can also agree with what they all said about the prevention of myocarditis: since it is caused by viruses, you can only try to prevent these from getting in your bloodstream. You do this by keeping your hygiene the best you can. If you are asking this because you are doubting that you have this condition, I would advise you to go and talk to your doctor so he can tell you everything you need to know.

Hey Eric,

Like others told you already, a lot of different viruses can be the cause of this and there isn't much that you can do in order to prevent this. However, you can always keep your hygiene good but I don't count this as a prevention for myocarditis because you are supposed to keep your hygiene good regardless of the conditions that might be caused by bad hygiene. If you need tips on how to have good hygiene, and I honestly hope that you don't, be sure to brush your teeth at least two times a day, wash your hands whenever you can and have shower at least once a day.