i'm 14 years old, and i don't really know what's going on...

i wake up every morning, and i basically feel like i'm going to throw up, but never do. i usually get up around 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM (on week days for school) and i usually go to bed around 10:30 pm - 11:00 pm. i've never actually thrown up, or anything. i go to school then, and i still feel sick until about 10:00 AM. my stomach kind of gurgles. i've tried eating something in the morning, (which i really don't want to do incase it just makes it worse, or i actually do throw up) and it never really has done anything. i have absolutely no apetite, and many times actually end up even skipping lunch. i went to the doctor about this a few weeks ago, and he said that he couldn't really think of anything. being nauseous(sp?) is about the only thing that i'm experiencing. no pain, no throwing up, nothing else.

the funny thing is, this only seems to happen when i'm going somewhere.
i never feel sick when i'm at home, except when i get up in the morning and am going to school or some place... not just school, but i've gone out other places and i feel kinda sick then too. its sooo frusterating.

i'm not stressed about anything, i don't think i suffer from anything, like anxiety or depression. sometimes when this happens to me i couldn't be happier. but it's really starting to bug me and i don't know what to do. i've tried tons of different things; taking Tums before bed and right when i get up, not eating anything, eating something, drinking sierra mist to try to get me to burp and i don't know what to do. i've looked around online, and it looks like the only thing it could be is anxiety which i dno't think it's that.

has anyone else had this problem? i feel fine otheriwse, i just feel like im going to throw up but never do!!

The same thing happens to me when I have little sleep. When I go to bed at 12 or past 12 then when I wake up at 6 I feel like throwing up all morning until several hours pass. However, I have a burning pain on my upper stomach area that I think may be an ulcer so I've associated altogether. The pain I have is only present every couple of months or so and comes if I get stressed or eat the wrong thing.

trevor,

actually i've had nearly the same thing for 2 months...you may want to be checked for a duodenal ulcer...the symptoms i have had sound close to yours (feeling sick after waking up, sometimes returns toward nighttime, no appetite, weight loss, some depression or dull feeling)...i have just been prescribed nexium to reduce stomach acid and also an antibiotic to kill the H. pylori bacteria that caused the ulcer....if you still have the problem i would talk to a doctor about that

i have been going through this for about a month straight now. i wake up every morning so sick to my stomach and i dont understand why. i have panic attacks about twice a day bc my mind has convinced myself that im never going to get better. every time i get ready to go somewhere i freak out bc im convinced that when i get there im going to feel sick and have to leave... or nobody is going to understand. im taking xxanx right now to help with my attacks.. used to i thought i was just crazy and never going to get better, but im starting to realize that is it just anxiety and im going to have to see a psychiatrist.

I've been having the same feeling as well like feeling sick to my stomach. Like I have no apetite, I feel like I have to throw up but i don't, it also feels like theres something stuck in my throat. Sometimes I burp and it helps for a while then it comes again. I also feel burning sensation in my stomach to my chest. My back would also hurt really bad. It comes and goes, it don't matter if I'm home or not and it freaks me out. My anxiety starts to kick in when I have it and it sucks really bad. I've been having hard time falling asleep so I would have to listen to like a meditation to make me sleep.

Wow this is exactly like my problem too. I always feel sick when I go out and in school I sit in Slouched position and drink little sips of water. I feel fine at lunch with my friends around because I'm not thinking about it. I've had this since 8th grade And I always get really hot and sweaty. I'm 14 as well and not sure what to do. Doctors have put me on upset stomach pills. I always skip lunch and it all goes away in the afternoon. I tried briolosh(whatever you call it) for upset stomach. Looks like dog kibble. But of worked. Till I found out it expired in 2002. I tried Xanax and it worked but my dad said never become dependent on it because it works like a drug and makes you addicted to the calm feeling. Take only when absolutely necessary. I found that eating a breakfast of dry cereal that's grains and fiber tastes okay but you will be full and your stomach will feel fine. I always feel like puking but never do. I'm scared to tell the teacher because he teases and it's embarrassing to say "hey I wanna throw up now!" so I just sit and try to keep kleenex on me to spit up the gross stuff that makes your mouth and throat taste funny. Also mucus causes it too because the stomach thinks it's food and it makes you feel worse. Get something in you because it all in your head. I wish I could say the same thing. Although I'm off to summer school. Hope you feel better.

I'm 19 and I just started experiencing this as well. I feel sick all the time, but never actually threw up. I even TRIED to make myself throw up i'm in so much pain but virtually nothing comes up. I just feel like I'm going to so I constantly have the bucket by my side. Symptoms get worse if I lay down, it seems. I'm also not anxious or depressed or any of that sort. I believe mine is from eating unhealthy foods, but i've been (trying) to down healthy food as much as possible to no avail. I've been on liquid robeks once a day, if anything, and I just recently had my first solid food. It made me worse than ever before...I can't sleep at all and I just feel like dying. I don't usually eat any meal but dinner, but lately I haven't been eating anything. I can't, because it all sounds so gross and the thought of it makes me sick. I've dropped 10+ pounds this week and I can't even drink anything but water without feeling down...and even that takes concerted effort when it comes time to swallow. I'm just not sure what to do. It came in correlation with me eating ham (i'm a vegetarian), but that would only last a day or two. I'm pretty sure it's not food poisoning. I just don't know what it is or what to do! Anyways i'm with you and I hope someone has a good answer so we can all get better. I think i'll be checking in with the doctors soon at this point. Best of luck.

its anxiety and acid reflex go to the doctor and get some anxiety pills and some acid pills u will feel a whole lot better

I have suffered with this too and the good news is that it's fairly easy to fix! It's likely that you are suffering from an ulcer that is kicking in your anxiety response. Ulcers have all kinds of different symptoms like the ones listed here and ulcers and anxiety have been linked in several studies. (Tho it's not known if ulcers cause you to feel anxious or if being anxious increases your chance of getting an ulcer. From personal experience, I believe it to be the former.)

I was having stomach pain whenever I went out and that pain and nausea always got me feeling anxious. (Heart beating rapidly, tunnel vision, sweaty palms). it got so bad that one day I feinted in church and had to be carried out. I went to see my doctor the next day and he prescribed 90 days of 800 mg of Tagament (cemetidine). This medicine prevents your stomach from making too much acid and allows your ulcer to heal. After about a week I started to feel better and the anxiety went away.

So the bottom line is: go see your doc and point them in the direction of an ulcer. They can prescribe medicine that lowers your stomach acid and medicine that increases your stomach mucus (that's the stuff that protects you from getting ulcers) and medicine to kill a form of bacteria that may be the cause of your ulcer. They may also suggest anti-anxiety meds, but my advice is to try to fix the ulcer and see if the anxiety will go away on it's own, like it did for me.

If you can't or don't want to see a doc, you might consider getting over the counter Tagament - it now comes in generic forms too that cost less. Check at Costco if you have one nearby. I think each pill over-the-counter is 200 mg. My doc had me on 800 mg - so that'd be 4 of the over the counter pills per day. If you're not getting results in 2 weeks, you may need to go see a doc anyway.

Living with all that anxiety sucked. And being back to normal feels so unbelievably good. I really had no idea how ampped up I was all the time. Now I feel as calm as a budist monk.

It's anxiety. I'm not as young as the rest of you, but have had the same symptoms since I was your age and now I am 33. I waited to long before finally getting help, and in turned caused my stomach to become much worse. The first step, other than taking stomach meds to help with the symptoms is to start an anti-anxiety med. Not the controlled substances like Xanax or Klonopin that are as needed meds, you need a long-term med. Zoloft, Prozac and Paxil all work for anxiety disorders, I didn't think this would help my stomach either to all of you shaking your heads..lol. But it does reduce the amount of anxiety if not take it away, as that starts to work, your symptoms will get better and you won't need the stomach meds daily, only for days where your anxiety is very high. Also it will help to see a counselor to determine what is causing your anxiety, it may just be hormones. You are in a very sensitive emotional and physical state in you teenage years, and if you have other stressors in your life, your counselor can teach you how to cope effectively without having physical symptoms. If you are already showing physical symptoms from stress/anxiety, it's not good and can become very unhealthy quick. Listen to your body,we woma are alot smarter than we give ourselves credit for. Just feel better knowing we can sympathize, I only wish we had the internet when I was your age! %-)

I have felt the exact same way too. Its this weird nauseous or anxious feeling but only when I have to be around people or go somewhere. Its the weirdest thing because i never had anything like this before. When I know that people are coming to my house or that I have to go out and be with people...I get worried that I will start feeling sick and then I will have to make up an excuse to leave. Its not really pain so much as it is discomfort and anxiety. I have had it for about a month (maybe more) and it is affecting every thing in my life. The good thing is that if I get myself out the door and go out...then the pain usually subsides once I am out. But the THOUGHT of going out and being around people makes so uncomfrotable that I could just crawl into a ball. I have blamed birth control, I have blamed EVERYTHING and I know after reading all your messages that it is probably an Ulcer. I do have a lot of stress because of my job and I have been worrying about the future so much.....so I am going to my doctor because I cant do this anymore.

Thanks everyone!

it is possible that there is a person in your first class you have a "crush" on. although you may not want to avoid this person, perhaps taking different classes than they do will lessen your anxiety.

I've been a School Nurse for 20 years.  This answer is a long-time coming and maybe you won't get it, but many students have this complaint.  I believe it to be linked to the influence of stomach acid and usually eating 4 Saltine crackers before you get up in the morning will "soak it up" and assuage the nauea - then you need to eat a breakfast which includes plenty of protein; yogurt and granola, eggs and toast, etc.  Eating mostly starches and refined sugars as in Pop-Tarts and juice just raises your blood sugar and causes it to fall abruptly, causing the whole scenario all over again with an hour or two.  I get 5-6 kids in a day with nausea related to this - skipping breakfast isn't the answer but getting the stomach acid to move on through, seems to be.  Taking TUMs or Nexium messes with HCL necessary to digest protein and the latter lowers your magnesium levels.  The body doesn't differentiate between "good stress" and "bad stress" - we have the Gifted Program in our school and their anxiety-levels are every bit as high as our poverty-level kids facing survival issues.  Good luck. MSommers RN

ANXIETY IS CAUSED BY ULCERS not the other way around. Studies by numerous people like Columbia and San Diego U even confirm this fact. I have been studying this for years as I have had a problem with anxiety and I'm a nutritionist. Any Dr. that stills tells people that anxiety is stress needs to go back to school and should not be practicing. It is outdated thinking. Get another dr if yours tells you this and tries to get you to take antidepressants. Usually younger doctors are better because they're more likely to be up on the latest research. Older doctors tend to get complacent and do not study or read once out of school.
It's a myth that stress causes anxiety and ulcers. Anxiety and panic attacks are caused by your digestive system. Anxiety is NOT psychological! Tumms takes away my panic/anxiety. But you must stay away from all coffee, even decaf, tomatoes, citrus , chilies and anything else that causes or has a lot of acid. I have to stay on a low acid diet for ever to keep my stomach acid in check and it keeps my anxiety away. You need to control anxiety & ulcers with your food. No MSG or sodium benzoate either. Better to eat foods with no chemicals in them including food coloring, as they cause anxiety too. Ulcers will also cause weird dreams and nightmares, memory problems and even vision changes. You can have an ulcer and not know it. I had one from taking too much midol but I didn't know it for a few months. I just felt tired and had headaches. Then I ate some high acid stuff and had coffee and then it really started to show. It's worse at night and in the morning. H. Pylori is a cause of ulcers in some people. I tried prilosec and those but the side effects are so bad I couldn't handle it (horrible nightmares, yeast infections, more anxiety). Also you can not take them for ever just a few weeks. Also food allergies can cause anxiety so you might need to rule those out too. Eggs give me horrible anxiety even though I had a skin test to see if I was allergic and it said I was not but I obviously am. I did the test by eliminating them from my diet and anxiety went away. I did that 5 times and every time I ate eggs anxiety came back. You should pay attention to when you get anxiety and what you ate before. You will notice a pattern emerge. 
Good luck. You can beat it if you really try and change your diet.

I'm 13 and the same thing has been happening to me. 2 weeks ago I went to an overnight excursion with my class. There, I never ate breakfast ( I rarely do) but when I came back home, it started. When I wake up for school, I feel nervous. When I see or smell food in the morning, I just feel like throwing up. I've been feeling so sick in the morning, that I've been missing school. Maybe it is anxiety, because I always feel nervous and sick when I have to go somewhere. I feel scared to go to school thinking I'll throw up or faint. I've lost about 7 pounds in the past week and a half because of little to no eating and I have gotten noticeably more skinny. And it is a very sudden change because before, I use to eat quite a lot but now I barely eat anything all day long. When I'm at school, I may have a bite or two of my lunch but then I just end up putting away my lunch and just drinking my juice. But, my dad happens to have the same thing so maybe its hereditary? I really hate being like this; losing weight, being scared of going out and getting sick, not going to school and such. I don't know what to do anymore and I really don't want to deal with it anymore...