I recently thought i was having a heart attack, enough so that i called 911. went to the ER and had an EKG and other test done. they all came out fine, so they diagnosed my with panic attacks. the symptoms i had were: first, an overwhelming hot/cold wave in my head, numbness in my mouth and face going to tingleness to my arms and hands, then to my legs and feet. my hands and feet started cramping and my fingers turned blue. i just had pins and needles all through my body. all while my heart was pounding as if it was going to explode and i could not breath. i felt like i was going to pass out. i kept trying to catch my breath, but it made things worse. i felt like i was in a dream. ever since then, i feel it coming on and it terrifies me. the day i had my first one, i had like 10 throughout that day. thats been about a week and sometimes at night i wake up fighting one. (breathing deep in and out). my doc put me on Lexapro, but heard that made you gain weight. Im scared to death, and feel im going to die anytime soon. DOES ANYBODY RELATE to my symptoms and are they true symptoms of a panic attack?

You have the classic symptoms of Raynaud's disease. Panic attack is one of the stressors that can bring out the symptoms of Raynaud's syndrome. Relaxation techniques for anxiety such as progressive relaxation exercise, yoga, meditation, massage therapy may be helpful in reducing stress, and prevent the onset of Raynaud's syndrome. Soaking your hands and feet in warm water may also be helpful.

These are absolutely symptoms of a panic attack, and I suggest that you start taking the Lexapro so that you don't constantly feel like you are going to die. You could technically hunker down and power through the symptoms of a panic attack, as it is possible, but it depends on how much time you have to actually work through this. Instead, the Lexapro will make it easier on you. Try taking it instead.

I have been experiencing these EXACT symptoms for about a month now. The attacks come at least once a day and often without any warning. I went to the hospital got tested for everything and came out normal just like you. My symptoms include numbness in finger tips and toes as they turn either blue or very pale. If it continues to get worth you start feeling it on your lips or inside of your mouth. If you continue to acknowledge it and "accept" that its out of your control it will spread and get worse. My heart rate spikes significantly but deep breathing can help eliminate that if you learn to do it right. People always told me to take a deep breath but in that situation its one of the hardest things you can try. Plus when you finally calm your breathing you feel light headed as if you are going to pass out while all the other symptoms are still going. If you so much as acknowledge them they will only respark the flame. My doctor finally prescribed me with xanax which has been a life saver but it only gets you out of an attack, not prevents them. No drugs have worked so I have seen a therapist where I have learned techniques to calm down. If you can ask for xanax trust me they are a life saver. Realize you are fine. Nothing is physically wrong with you and it will pass just like the others. Jump in the shower and turn on the hot water. If you start feeling really uncomfortable or you start to hyperventilate turn the water on freezing cold to shock your system and regulate your heart rate and breathing. I suffer from these everyday and know exactly how you feel. Today is the first day I haven't had a panic attack in about a month. I am on no medication (other than xanax for the real rough ones) and am currently taking B-Complex multivitamins and Fish oil which can be calming. 

Things I've learned: DO NOT RESEARCH YOUR SYMPTOMS ONLINE. Because then you think you have 100 different problems which will only cause more attacks. Good luck if you have not already found a solution. And if you have, please tell me what it was that got you past it. Best of Luck!

I had this happen to me 10 years ago. My hands and feet started turning blue and it would be hard to breath and I felt like I was going to pass out. I went to the doctors for months and they could not find anything wrong with me. I thought that I was not going to make it through the year. My doctors then mailed me a letter stating I have Mitrovialprolasp. I may not have spelled it correctly, but basically one of the vials in my heart does not close all the way when it pumps blood. A lot of people have and you can live a long healthy life with it. It affects your nerve system which causes panic attacks. You have to learn different ways that help you deal with you panic attacks. I stay away from caffien b/c that will make it worse, learn breathing techniques to help you when you feel one coming on. Once you accept what you have it is easier to deal with. When my heart starts beating fast I relax and put my feet up and just tell my self you are just having a panic attack you will be ok. Also try Yogi Stress Relief tea. It helps. I don't like taking medication so I always go the natural route and it has worked for me.

Do you feel like out of no where your heart jumps like almost to recharge & then get a feeling of adrenaline almost..like in your stomach as if your falling off a building? Weirdest feeling I'm trying my best to describe.. I also suffer form anxiety/panic attacks but I'm TERRIFIED of drs office so I won't get checked

yes. I have had the exact same thing happen. You will not die. My father has had them all his life, and takes Lexapro! Hope that makes you feel better :)

Hi It sounds like your experiencing ectopic beats which is mainly harmless. Everyone gets them but because anxiety sufferers are in tune with our bodies we notice everything x

I had the same thing happen to me I had pins and needless all over then my heart was racing then I had chest pain and went to ER they checked every thing and said it was stress related so I am home and don't feel any better at all I need valium to calm me down a little this is a horrible feeling even my glands are swollen and Dr said it isn't glands they feel swollen from stress I can't believed stress can do all that