Hi I was using 30mg roxycontin for a year then switched to suboxone and was told it would save my life but I feel horrible on it and now I am engaged and want to have kids so I would like to get off of it fast I am currently taking the strips 8/2mg half in the morning and half at night and have been on suboxone straight with no other drugs except klonopin which I want to stop also for about 8 months I have tried stopping before and ended up in the hospital anyways I have an idea of a way to get off all these drugs and would like some input if anybody has tried it before. Here is my idea to stop taking the subs and go back on some form of opiates so that way I can get the subs out of my system and also stop taking the klonopin because for some reason when I was on roxycontin I didn't need them nor did I feel the withdrawal effect from not taking the klonopin. I figure i would take the smallest amount I can for two months and then go cold turkey off the opiates with the help of an herbal formula called withdrawal-ease. The only reason I would rather withdrawal from opiates than subs is because I hear that it only takes a week or less to recover from the opiate withdrawal and it can take up to a month to recover from the subs withdrawal even after weaning to the smallest amount. ANYBODY THAT HAS TRIED THIS PLEASE GIVE ME ALL THE INFO YOU MAY KNOW I AM SO SICK OF SUBS WROINING MY LIFE!!!!!

Suboxone was horrible for me too and I couldn't handle the withdrawals from it. I made it 12 days and was still so miserable with no relief. I had the same idea you do. I used opiates to get off the suboxone. For about a month I didn't feel the opiates because of the suboxone wearing off so yes I believe the suboxone withdrawals would have lasted a month. Now I have been taking opiates for two and a half months and my quality of life is back and my anxiety and depression are gone, but I am getting a tolerance already and since no Dr. will give me pain pills because I was on subs, it is getting too expensive. I have some subs left and want to try a short term taper at the lowest possible dose and be free, but I am scared of suboxone. I was put on 32 mg a day before so I am hoping the mistake was too high a dose of subs for too long (8 months). I am starting subs tomorrow morning. I am so scared. I wish you the best at getting off the subs. I would rather need opiates forever than take suboxone forever. It ruined my life too.

Thank you for your reply if you don't mind me asking what are you taking now I am only on tylenol4 which is a whole lot less of a substance than I was using before I started subs. I am currently on day6 without subs and think I'm going to try and stop the tylenol4 tomarow I feel great today and hope it won't change once I stop tomorrow I am also taking an herbal formula called withdrawal ease and it's great

I am up to about 50 to 60 mg of percocet a day, like 10th to 12 5mgs a day. Once in a while I can only find 40 mg oxy's then I take a half in the morning a half in the evening, but I am increasing to get the same relief which tells me its going to get more expensive. I have a herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, and scoliosis, so I do need something for pain. I am a gastric bypass patient tho, so I am not allowed nsaids like advil or alieve. I might try tramadol. The suboxone worked on my pain but it made me feel so miserable emotionally. I wish I had a Dr. that cared. I feel like I am on my own doing this. Let me know how you feel when you go off the tylenol 4s.

I am trying to kick a opiate habit and was looking for a dr to prescribe subs because I thought it was a good way to get off the opiates! After reading your post i,'m really having strong second thoughts.

Good don't do it if you are take one and split it up in four pieces and take one each day for four days don't stay on it longer than that if I could do it all over again I would just go through withdrawal for a couple days the tylenol 4 is helping me but I still have a good two months till I'm back to normal

Ya I've decided to stay away from subs,and decided to taper off the opiates.I was taking 8-10 10mg norcos a day, I've gotten myself to 4-5 a day now,I will minus 1/3 of my mg intake every 4 days until I'm off this c**p.when get to 5mg a day I plan to stop the norco and take 2 50mg tramadols for 2 days and then 1 tramadol for 3 days and done:)
The taper plan I got off the internet,the tramadols were my idea I hope that works out. Best Wishes and thanks for the response.

I was on opiates for 7 years before I started taking suboxone and it saved my life. I was on it for 3 years at 16 mg a day and my doc had no intention of taking my dose down and tapering me off so I just quit cold turkey and the w/d symptoms are there but nothing like w/d from oxys. I just have the chills alot and no energy and my anxiety is out of this world but then again I've always been an anxious person. I've talked to many ppl about this and they say no matter how much u taper and how low of a dose u are taking when u quit u are still gonna have w/d's. Which btw that's something my doctor never told me when I first got on them. I only found that out from a sub detox center I called to get info on how long the w/d's last. Which he told me 3 to 6 weeks but everyone is different. Im on day 11 without subs and I still don't feel normal but I believe it won't be much longer now. I mean on day 6 I worked at 16 hr shift at wrk and everything. The best advice I can give u is to get some b12 vitamins to help with having energy and get something to help with the emotional issues that last awhile after the physical symptoms are gone. Good luck to all of u out there that suffer from this addiction demon.

I myself am glad to hear your are on your way to FREEDOM my friend! I wish u all the best and I.m so happy for you! Great Job! God Bless:)

I'm also gonna buy withdrawal ease this Friday,I want every weapon I can get to battle this demon. Kellz do you think It really helps? I have read lots of good things about it!

Thanks Im so glad too. I found out a lil more info about the sub w/d's today from my sub doc and im not sure how to quite take what he told me. He told me that I was through the w/d but where I have had opiates in my body for so many years that it's just gonna take my body time to adjust to being without opiates. Which in my opinion is withdrawl but maybe that's why they are lasting so long. And like i said my main issue is the chills because my overall pain is actually better now that im of the suboxone. He recommended that I just try to eat healthy and exercise for at least 30 min a day. So I dunno how long this s**t is gonna last now but I just want my normal life back and I'm determined now more than ever. I thought the cravings would be back by now but I have no urges to go back to using perc's or oxys and maybe part of that's because ppl are selling perc 30's for 50 a peice. Anyway whatever u decide to do I really hope it works for you and I don't know anything about the withdrawl ease stuff but I do know that colonidine is supposed to help with withdrawl so that's something u might talk to ur doctor about. I had a script of it once but never took it but a friend of mine also got some cuz we were trying to quit together and she said they helped her and she was coming off an extremely high dose of methadone. Anyway good luck again I hope u can make it through this hell. I Just keep thinking that one day it will be over and that's what's keeps me from giving up.

I'm coming off a 100 m.g. daily Oxycodone habit. I've decided to go cold-turkey. Clonidine has been very very helpful, and shouldn't been too hard to get. It's a blood pressure medication. Just pop some caffeine before you go to a doctor and ask for it. It's not a miracle cure though; nothing that doesn't tickle those opiate receptors is. But it really helps.

I was on subs for about 2 years. I took myself off of them because I couldn't afford them. The withdrawels from the subs were far worse than the opiates. I traded one addiction for another. At first I thought they were a god send, but like I said getting off is very hard but I did it. It took about three weeks for the pain and nausea to go away. I will never go back to subs and I wish you the best of luck but I thought I should be as honest as I could.

I couldn't afford the opiate intake I got up to back in August while trying to stop taking subs. I was dependant again and couldnt go 4 hours without a pill. I traded one for the other again. I had about a months long prescription of 32mg subs a day. I started on 16mgs a day and stared tapering down. I got down to 2mg a day and when I tried going to 1 I got sick. I tried getting into the sub Dr. I was going to and they told me no that they don't know how I got them but to keep getting them that way. When I explained what I did they acted like I was lying and said to find somewhere else. I told them I just wanted Dr supervision and help through the w/d and they said its not thier problem. I am on day 5 without any subs and have taken about 40 mg of percocet a day and I can go to bed and actually sleep good and wake up not w/ding and no cravings, but my back pain is really bad. I just want to be over this. I have a Dr's apt with my primary care today. She is the one who got me hooked on opiates and then cut me off. Friday I was intending on asking for a referral to a sub dr. to finish going off the 2mg, but now I am hoping for some clonadine and tramadol I think. I am tired of being a slave to either my pain or pain meds. Something has to give!

It never ceases to amaze me that so many people seem to be unwilling or unable to involve their doctors in their withdrawal plans. HELLO; how do you think that so many of us got into trouble in the first place? We played doctor and neglected to cooperate with medical professionals so that we could get larger and larger quantities and dosages of stronger and stronger narcotics. Yes, I know that many of us -- myself included -- started our opiod use because of chronic pain and/or severe pain following an accident or injury. But if more of us were more honest, we would have to admit that the need to continue that medication probably came to an end when the injury healed or the chronic pain issue may have gradually improved. I started narcotics to treat migraines and began asking for stronger opiods -- Dilaudid -- to treat a troublesome condition called pudendal nerve neuralgia. Yes, I did need these drugs for a while -- but after menopause, the migraines nearly disappeared and the pudendal nerve neuralgia was probably the result of a tailbone injury which eventually resolved. So what I'm saying is that eventually, I didn't need opiods for either condition because one got much better on its own while the other resolved completely. But of course, I didn't tell the doctor about that because I was addicted and in fact, my legally prescribed drugs were no longer enough for me and I had become buying them on the streets. My HMO has a very good chemical dependency program and I know that they would had helped me long ago if only I had been willing to be honest about my addiction. I finally started with that program in April of this year and have been on 16 mg of Suboxone -- I've been very, very happy with the results and have no plans to quit in the near future. If I wanted to taper or to quit entirely, I know that I would be helped through the process from beginning to end. I can only assume that many of you must have terrible health insurance or none at all if you are refusing to involve your health care provider(s) with your withdrawal plans. But if your provider WOULD be willing to help you through this, I strongly recommend that you form a partnership with your physician so you don't risk going through an uncomfortable or possibly even dangerous withdrawal because your own "formula" didn't work. Unless you're a doctor or a chemist, I think you're doing yourself a real disservice if you try to withdraw on your own or worse, by following some other addict's plan -- what works for that person may cause you a lot of unnecessary discomfort.