I have just noticed that one side of my labia has become darker in color that the other side. There is no itching or pain, it's just suddenly sort of purplish-brown in color. I can't remember exactly the last time I really looked that closely at my labia, but I don't think it had been more than a few weeks, so this is a recent development. I am sexually active and 35 years old. Does anyone know what would cause this? Is it something I should be concerned about?

I'm 23 and have noticed this occurrence just this week. I'm investigating this as well but it doesn't seem to be anything emergent.

I'm also 23 and ust noticed this the other day. I've been looking online and the only thing that has come up is menopause. I have Hashimoto's, which is sometimes assosciated with premature menopause, so that is a possibility for me. I went to my primary care physician yesterday and he gave me a cream to apply to it. If this doesn't return the color to normal, I have to go back for all kinds of tests to see if I might be going through premature menopause. One thing my doc did say is that darkened labia minora are normal for women 35 and older, but having dark labia minora in your 20's is not normal. So, ladies, go get yourselves checked out.