Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I can say that in a past few years I'm feeling really miserable and depressed.
You see, about five years ago I have noticed that my labia minora are too big. When I saw how normal vagina should look like, I was sure that I'm some kind of freak.
I'm very embarrassed about this and even thinking about the fact that someone could actually see this- is terrifying for me.
I haven’t talked about this with my parents because I doubt they could understand this.
Please help me! Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I'm very sorry about you and your depression about this but I think you exaggerating a bit. You see, not all vaginas are the same like not all breasts are the same. You must realize that there are hundreds of different models of vaginal labias.
I know you will not believe me but some men prefer larger labia minors, finding them more erotic.
I also think that if you believe this is so big problem- you should talk about this with your parents because only them will understand you and maybe try to help you. These days anything is possible and operations such as labiaplasty are quite common and become a routine.

I'm 16 and totally know what you're going through.
Don't worry, it's totally normal to have large inner labia.
And trust me, if you're worried about guys seeing it....they are probably just as insecure about penis size or being cut or uncut blahh blah. Don't let this hold you back; be confident. Younger guys are a drag about this but it's only because they aren't experienced. Learn to love them or if you can't, surgery is an option.

peace girl

Each vagina is different, but it is normal.

There is a plastic surgery to help contour and make the labia look smaller, it is called LABIAPLASTY.

Yeah I heard of that s u r g e r y . I heard that it could scar cause lack of sensation, be painfull for ever. As a man I like the inner labia big. They are all different. I know that any partner who wants to be with you Won't be turned off by this

it's called LABIA HYPERTROPHY

Hi! Im 26 and thank god that i found this site coz i have d same problem as well. The right side of my labia minora was swollen and protruding and its really embarrasing when i tried 2 wear a kind of sweatpants one time coz it gives me a really bad camel toe .I have a question though. Im wondering whether this could be caused by a Vaginal Yeast Infection or Candida related? what can i use 2 make it even again? I 2 felt like a freak because of it. although im kinda relieved 2 know that im not d only 1 after reading your posts in here so thank you a lot . %-) :-( and :$

Mine is like that, too. I used to think it was something to be embarrased of, but it's really not. Some people are just different. A lot of guys actually find it to be a turn on. Please don't think about having surgery to make it look normal. I thought about doing that, but my gynocologist said that if I had surgery there would be a risk of damaging my nerves and I wouldn't be able to feel any sensation or pleasure. I decided against it. There's no need to feel ashamed of this. It's the way God made you and you were made that way for a reason. When you find a guy that you want to make love to don't be ashamed. If he cares about you he won't mind and will probably like it. DON"T BE ASHAMED OF WHAT YOU ARE! You're beautiful and small imperfections won't change that.

That's the Spirit!!! I have never seen a girl that the size shape or the fact of one side being different from the other has bothered me.

Labial Hypertrophy is just a term to describe a sense of relief for women with larger labia's. There is absolutly nothing wrong with it at all. I remember growing up listening to the boys at school say really mean things about women with large labia's such as "It's only like that because they have a lot of sex." That is simply not true. Having multiple partners, or a lot of sex wont cause it.

Secondly, if you do decide to look up Labial Hypertrophy, you will see that they say it is perfectly NORMAL, and completely FINE! It may cause problems of discomfort, but it doesn't cause medical problems. For women who constantly asked, "Why am I like this?" That is the only reason there is such a diagnosis!

If someone loves you, which is the only people I feel you should be having a sexual relationship with, they are not going to care about the size of your labia. They wont care about the size of your breasts, they wont care about weird birthmarks or anything of the sort!

Learn to love who you are! Surgery is not the answer to this at all! And with the complications that plastic surgery can carry, even with something minor like this, it's not worth it. You have to keep in mind that it's a very sensative spot, also a very moist spot that carries natural bacteria, and can get very sweaty if you're an active woman. These mixtures of body fluids can cause infections which can take longer to heal, and if you're active, you have to realize how painful it will be to walk or do any other normal daily activity let alone that mile morning jog, or whatever sports activity you might be in to. Is it worth it to go through something like that just to impress someone who should already love everything about your body? I'd think not.

Also, most likely you had seen a picture of a labia that belonged to a woman in the porn industry of some sort. This is so misleading. The women they use... are media picks only! They try to find women with very small labia's not because it's "Normal" but because they give off a look of youth. As a very young woman is not completely developed and her vagina has not become really shaped! (Sad to say, these women while doing "adult" porn, are often found doing a lot of porn claiming to be "teens") Just because the media says that is what is beautiful does not mean that is what everyone else thinks as well! God forbid, I am 146lbs, but according to the Media, I am fat! Well, so be it, I am still beautiful even as a fat woman!

Best Regards.

All I can say to the above is bravo!!!

guys dont worry about the labia! none of my boyfriends who ive been sexually active with have cared or said anything other than how hot they are!

Hi, I am 22 and have also been considering surgery for my inner labia. They are longer then my outer labia which I find embarrassing, but I will admit that the men I have been with have never seemed to mind them, and have always been complimentary of them. I think it is more of an issue for our own self-esteem then it is to please men.

I am still looking into the surgery but this site has helped me to slowly start accepting my lips for their size.

Cheers

i just wanna thank anyone who posted. i use to think i was a freak and wanted surgery when i found out it existed. now that i've done research and read all these different opinions i've decided to not even think about surgery. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU . hopefully i'll find someone eventually who will love ALL of me. :-)

I'm 19 and I've also always been embarassed about my large labia. It can even be uncomfortable sometimes, which I thought was justification for surgery. But the more I think about it, the more I want to love my labia the way they are. I just saw the Vagina monologues. I have to say that loving your vagina seems more important than ever.
It's nice to know I'm not alone in my self-doubts though, thanks to all who have posted.