Hi, I'm 17 and I've noticed that one side of my labia minora has recently gotten longer so it sticks out of my labia majora a little. The main thing that bothers me is the discomfort when I walk, it rubs against my underwear and just feels unpleasant. I understand that a lot of girls have this, but all my life I've had a rather small labia minora...what caused it to do this? I haven't had sex, I haven't been fingered. I've been using tampons since 6th grade...I just don't understand what would make it change sizes like that. My boyfriend has 'fingered' me over my underwear (i know doesn't count, but you get the idea) I guess that's the only thing I could think of as an explanation. Is there a way I can get it back to normal without surgery? Or at least find out why it stretched?

Sorry hon, the only way to get it fixed is by surgery.  Mine started to do the same thing when i was around 11 years old.  I noticed it one day and the rest was history.  It's just something that happens to some women.  I was just a little girl when i happend to me.  i never started to experiment with sex till i was 15 so i knew it wasn't because of sexual activity.  I just push it back inside my majora lips and it stays there mostly.  If it is really bothering you, than tell your mom about it.  She might be able to help you.  You don't have to tell her about your BF.  If she asks if you have been having sex tell her no and that you have noticed your labia minora growing longer and longer over the years and you know other girls who have the same thing but it doesn't bother them like yours does you.