well im 17 female virgin ... my labia on both sides has started to become dark in colour it looks as though it's speading... no pain... jsut the discolouration a that my one of my labia is much bigger then the other one ... i donno what any of this means.. if any one could help ..thanks

Health Advisor
All the changes you are experiencing are normal. Some women have uneven labia, including myself. For example, the outer are alike but the inner labia are so different. One of them is hidden behind the outer and another has a distended part that picks from the labia majora and is really funny when I think about it but honestly, I don’t mind. No one has complained before and I don’t think anyone will.
As for discoloration….ie skin getting darker down there….this is normal too.
Most of these changes occur in puberty and everything from labia size, color and appearance may change. Many girls think of skin whitening when they have problems with darker parts like in the genital area or in the armpits but I wouldn’t consider this as it could be harmful. All these whitening products, pills and creams, are easily accessible nowadays but they set off chemical reactions and prohibit melanin production, pigment that gives us the color. There are many side effects of these whitening products and I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

markit wrote:

well im also a 17 year old virgin and one of my libia is way bigger than the other one and both are discolored and im afraid to take off my clothes infront of people cause im embarrest and im also afraid to get a boyfriend cause ill be embarrest about what hell say.

I am 16 years old past puberty (or at least, well in it) with no sexual experience.

I have just discovered the same problem in my own vagina. My left labia minora is distended outwards about twice the length of the right labia minora. The left (longer) labia also has a darker tint towards the end, ending in a dark, dark brown discoloration. I have found that in the left folds of my vagina, within the chasm which defined the labia majora from the labia minora, there are also small lines of dark discolorations. The skin of the left labia minora is somewhat stretchy, but retains a normal sensation/feeling. I feel no discomfort, nor is my skin dry or itchy. The right section of my vagina is normal, with a small labia minora and healthy, pink skin with sensative red areas. I have not noticed whether the left of my vagina has transformed (through puberty) from any different earlier aesthetic appearance.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated :-)

I am not expert, but many women have darker and sometimes larger labia. Some hang low, while others stay tucked in.

I guarantee no man will ever be disappointed with your labia. Many men, including me, find dark and large labia very sexy.

Enjoy your body. Its beautiful

Kevin

I'm 16 and have the same problem, but instead it's only my right side.

I was SO scared i thought i had a diesease, and was too scared to tell anybody about it, so thank GOODNESS for this website. :-)

My right labius has darkened and extended, and the left side, is as it was my whole life. my right labius is not tucked in by the outer labius, so it kind of hangs out.

And it actually does hurt sometimes. But only on somedays it hangs past the outter labius and i feel uncomfortable, because if i have my legs too close together or crossed then it's squeezed, and even sometimes simply by my underwear or pad slighty rubbing on it. So i'm uncomfortably in pain on random days because of it.

Is there anyway to bring it back to it's original size? Why does this happen anyways?

monkee888 wrote:

I was SO scared i thought i had a diesease, and was too scared to tell anybody about it, so thank GOODNESS for this website. :)

ughh my oversized inner labia is freakin dangly itsgross.
i feel embarrased, i have this reallly hot guy asken me to do stuff and i wannnna soo freakin bad. im 16 years old and virgin, but my vagina labia thing is weird. :/ it sucks.. im scared what theyll think.

Yes i have this same problem but im only 14 going on 15 my right labia is bigger than the left, I dont want to do anything with a guy because of it i guess im just ashamed of what he would think, i mean yeah its bigger and you can tell straight away, its all stretchy and different from the left which is tucked in, which i think its way better, the right its also discoloured abit, not alot, why is one bigger?

Well Gals, I first noticed my inner labia growing at puberty. The right side much larger than the left. The left stayed tiny. Yah,, it hangs out a bit and gets irritated on clothing. I have always been embarrassed and wanted it cut off. My husband of 44 yrs thought I was beautiful. We had a wonderful sex life and two kiddos. Now pushing 65 I decided to ask my new female doctor to cut it down so they match. I've waited too long by being embarrassed by how God made me. It is encouraging to finally hear it is within the range of normal. My advice, go to a female doctor and have her snip a bit off. Don't wait like I did. Do it now and feel confident and sexy.

Hey - I'm a 16 year old girl and a couple of years ago I noticed the same thing with my lef being bigger than my right. It's got darker in colour, like a Dark pinky brown, almost purple colour, I'm really self concious about it.

I'm a virgin but am thinking about sleeping with my boyfriend, but am too scared what he might think?

I asume it's normal but would like confirmation of that as I'm rather worred %-) .

Thanks x

This is so common but you can go to a gynecologist and see what they can do. Mine needs to be adjusted as it is large enough that it will not allow my outer labia to meet at all. It does get very irritated often, that is the only problem i really have with it. Other than that its never ever been a problem in any of my sexual experiences.

i am 15 and have the same problem. my right is almost three times bigger than my left and hangs out a substantial amount. i saw an episode of doctor 90210 where one of the girls had very large inner labia and had labia reduction surgery which was a very simple procedure. she had it done becasue she said that it hurt while hvaing sex because it would get caught and pinched. so i am thinking of having this surgery because it makes me very uncomfortable about the way my vagina is when i am with guys. allthough i have had sexual experiences in the past and none of my partners have said anythign about it, i would jsut prefer for it to be normal.

I am 21 years old, and I have never been to the gynecologist because of that, I don't even let my husband of 2 years look at me down there because I am embarrassed.
I have been trying to find pictures or posts of other women that have that problem, to tell my self it is normal, you have no idea how relieved I am to hear that it is!!!! I might actually go to the doctor now to get a pap smear, Gosh I have been going crazy for 5-6 years now!!!

God, I'm sitting in front of my computer screen and I'm crying. I'm 26 year old and until a minute ago I though that I was hideously disfigured. I also have different size labia. I looked through so many photos of women's pubic area, trying to compare, but I guess I just wasn't lucky. I only comfortable myself in telling that it's probably just a disfiguration and not a disease (since I found no disease to match it) and it won't prevent me having children. I'm sill a virgin and I haven't even considered having a boyfriend, thinking that no man would want to look at me, much less touch me. At least now I have a peace of mind.

V.

Guest wrote:

markit wrote:

Girls, neither one of you have anything to worry about. No men care about how large or small, what color or shape your labia is, trust me. I've had my significant other tell me mine were larger, and guess what, he's still with me.