My girlfriend is having sudden pains near the bottom of her rib cage on her left side. Sometimes she doubles over from the pain. It's been about 30 hours of it. She says it doesn't seem like a muscle pain. Any ideas?

I would say gallstones if the pain were on her right side. Left doesn't make sense.

I also have moderate to sevier pain under my left side rib cage, front and back. Also left side is slightly swollen compared with the right. I just underwent a bunch of tests during a 2 day 1 night stay at our hospital. They checked liver, stomach, galbladder, pancreas, and kidneys. With ct scan, ultrasound, and another test i could never pronounce. No amount of pain medicine could even begin to alleviate it either. I finally asked them to stop after demerol couldn't do it. The one thing they did not look at was my spleen. Could this be the problem? I have a upper gi scope scheduled for next week. I googled my pain and the first listing is swollen spleen. This worries me to get more unnecessary test. Anyone have any ideas?