2 years ago i noticed that the left side of my chest appeared bigger. I then noticed at the point where my ribs are connected to my sternum there is a bulge that feels very unusual, almost as if the left side of my rib cage has shifted position so it is closer to the right, and has lifted slightly over my sternum. It is not sore and i don't even know how it came about, however it seems to have caused a loss of strength in my left arm. I notice this weakness when doing a bicp curl, bench and shoulder press which all seem to be affected by this.

There are several things this could be!

1. Bony Growth on one of your ribs!
2. Dislocated rib!
3. Curvature of the spine!

Number 1 and number 3 usually have no pain, but put limitations on your movement! Dislocation usually hurts!

If you can get to a dressing room mirror with 3 way or 4 way surround mirrors and strip down to your underwear then take a REALLY good luck at your bones! Spine, Ribs, Arms, hips etc. DONT wear shoes! As I have a feeling that one of your legs might have grown weaker and thus a bit shorter! IF you see any differences, or notice things you haven't seen before. I would like you to go to your doctor and have him/her request a FULL body xray including a hip to foot xray - which determines wether one foot is shorter than the other!

Please let me know how you make out OK? And good luck and health!

I have also experienced shifting of my rib cage, but mine has been extremely painful! It started from a muscle spasm and slowly and painfully my rib shifted. It has been 2 years since it started but in the past couple of months more of my ribs in my chest have started to shift. My left rib cage sits higher than the right. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening again? Its quite concerning to watch and feel your bones move and shift.

Um I know this is like a super old thing and I'm asking in 2015 but is this fatal or dangerous? I'm 13 and have this small section poking out from the left more then the right, and it occasionally hurts. I also used to spend tons of time on the computer which might have done this. Does this need urgent medical help? Cause I'm pretty scared. Please someone reply to this soon, thanks.

I have the same problem and I'm also 13.It could also be growing but the pain is immense and doesn't feel like any pain before..I know it's been 2 months since you write this but did u ever get medical help?

I had this problem too and mine looks bad because the left side of my chest is lower when I lay down and also a bone sticking out in the middle of my chest and this started when I was about 13 and it's still Here at 15

i have a rib cage problem from falling on my back,while moving,i had a backpack with steel pots in it,slipped on the ice,and the next day,i had trouble walking,so went too accupuncture and the guy said my rib cage is uneven.right side sticks out about 1-2 inches more,told my doctor,no help.told my friends,they dont believe me.im now 60 yrs old,most people say i look 40,but i sure dont feel that way.will go see a chiro,not sure who else too see.