Hi my friend was very sick last month and he was complaining that he felt weakness in his muscles. He also said that weakness is mostly concentrated on his arms and legs. After I have suggested him to visit a doctor he went to the hospital and doctor told him that he suffers from myopathy syndrome. We were all shocked as I know that myopathies are very severing disorders. Please tell me is there some hope for my friend.

Hi, although this diagnosis sounds very unpromising you don't have to panic. When doctor told to your friend that he suffers from miopathy syndrome he meant there are several symptoms which look like myopathy but it doesn't have to be myopathy. Syndromes are groups of symptoms which remind on specific disease but it doesn't have to be that disease. Until your friend makes further analysis in order to check what is the real reason for his condition you don't have to worry.