Can you tell me something about cardiac myopathy? My dad recently has been diagnosed with cardiac myopathy –he went to see a doc for he was so exhausted and suffers from the constant fatigue and short of breath but also he suffers from fainting, dyspnea especially nocturnal dyspnea and he also has this sharp chest pain. I always thought he had some lung problems but finally he is diagnosed with cardio myopathy and his doc told us he actually has a weak heart. Anyway my dad is on regular medication treatment now and though the symptoms has somewhat reduced I am still afraid of possible worsening of the condition and so I would like to hear what means having weak heart or cardiac myopathy.

Cardiac myopathy is a serious heart disease and it practically means your dad has weak heart-meaning a heart that has no strength for even minor activities so he really needs an extra care in sense that he needs to rest as much as possible avoiding any harder activity. Being diagnosed with cardiac myopathy means that the heart is pumping less blood than it's needed so that the body is in lack of vital nutrients and that is where all that tiredness and fatigues comes from but your dad also had the problem with filling his heart with blood in between beats and that is why he stays out of breath. All this causes cardiac myopathy and the treatment is the must here with regular cardio controls anyway if the condition is very serious one of the better treatment options is transplantation.

Hi-my brother died at 33 of cardiac arrhythmia due to fatty cardiomyopathy. Can anyone offer advice on this?