Hi, I heard that sun tanning is very dangerous since solar radiation contains harmful UVA and UVB rays. Still, I want to get brown skin, how to do that safely?

Hi, you should know that darkening of the skin is natural response to increased exposure to powerful rays, a way that skin protects itself. The pigment melanin is rapidly produced in skin's cells after exposure to ultraviolet radiation. The ultraviolet frequencies responsible for production of melanin are UVA and UVB ranges. But, they also have many harmful effects like: distortion and damage of DNA strands, the formation of moles and some types of skin cancer, skin aging, especially UVA. Beneficial is that UVB rays stimulate production of vitamin D, which is needed to regulate calcium metabolism, providing strong bones, teeth, nails. Sunscreens must be used and it is advisable to avoid being in the sun from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.