ive come here for some product advice if thats ok

ive got darker skin and really dont need more of a tan than the tone my body already has 

could you recommend any good sunblock for my darker skin tone to prevent getting more tan please

have used a regular type of sunblock just from walmart and its not working so i really need something that will do a good job 

want to stay as light as possible basically

yes staying out of the sun as much as possible but even in the winter i see my face get darker than i want it

Hi there,

Good question! While many dark skinned ladies are convinced they don't need a sunscreen, dark skin is still at risk of damage from the sun's rays. Unfortunately, most sunscreens tend to make your skin like you painted something on it, and that is NOT a good look! The newer sunscreens, the ones that are micronized, blend in all the way and don't make you look like a clown.

Try Tropical Sands Broad Spectrum Sunscreen in SPF 30, or Vanicream Sport Sunscreen Lotion in SPF 35. You won't need to go for the highest SPF.

Hope that helps.

So if I understand correctly, you would like to use a sunblock so that your skin doesn't get any darker? Dark skin has an inbuilt sunblock to a certain extent, but we still need to be using sunblock to prevent sun damage, which can cause wrinkles, pigmentation, and skin cancer. You need to go for both UVA and UVB protection, that's the biggie. Sensai Silky Bronze Cellular Protective Stick SPF30 is what I use because you can't see it once you get it on your skin, that stuff is invisible! That is really what you want. Yes, it will prevent your skin from tanning but you still need to help it along by not spending long periods in the sun.

I am Nigerian and have never, ever used a sunblock. I had always thought that the pigment in darker skin works as a natural sun protective factor and that it is pointless using sunblock. I spend a lot of time in the sun and have never been burned once. So I am quite surprised to see people recommending sunblock for dark skin. Do I really need to use one? Even if I never burn?

Boy can dark skin burn! I found that out on the beach one day and have been using a Coppertone sunscreen ever since that nasty incident. It smells fantastic, which you can't say for most sunscreens to be honest, and you can use it all over your body without it looking weird on your skin.

The face needs some loving too. Your skin has quite a large natural SPF so you won't need to overdo it. I go for an SPF of 30, in the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen. I have acne prone skin and many facial sunscreens made me break out but this one doesn't, which is obviously a huge plus.

Hope that helps you some!

Well, the only sure fire way to stay as pale as poss is to stay out of the sun altogether. If you are going out, then wear a sun hat, and long sleeved and long legged loose clothes in a sun repelling color like white. As for sunblock, it's essential to opt for a sunblock that protects both against UVA and UVB, in the highest possible sun protection factor, like 75. If you want to go all the way, seriously, use a parasol. You can get some cute ones. I don't like tanning but don't hate it enough to do all those things. Sometimes you just want to wear what you want to wear and not worry about tanning.

Some darker people can develop dark spots from the sun even African American skin can get sun spots.