Hi all. I’ve heard so many contradictory things regarding cancer and tanning. Could anybody here clear all my doubts and answer me weather the tanning is really bad and can lead to skin cancer!? Thanks a lot.

The truth is that exposure to the sun significantly increases risk for skin cancer. You se, the sun's rays, which are called ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B rays (or UVA and UVB) damage your skin. This leads to early wrinkles, skin cancer and other skin problems. So,
being in the sun often over time, can indeed lead to skin cancer. That is clinically proven and anyone saying different is lying to you. Tanning booths and beds also use ultraviolet rays and they all have same effect as the sun rays. So, tanning in tanning beds also increase risk of skin cancer. To make long story short, here is the list of factors that put you at risk of having skin cancer: having fair skin, red or blond hair; having light-colored eyes; sunburning easily; having many moles, freckles or birthmarks; working or playing outside, exposed to sun; being in the sun a lot as a child; having had a serious sunburn; having family members with skin cancer; tanning in the sun or with a sunlamp