Since i've started tanning, I get this small rash on my elbow where it touches the bed, and on my butt cheaks. Its just in those 2 spots no where else, and it is raw and itches. Its tiny bumps and the one on my right elbow is the size of a half dollar, it almost looks like ring worm, but it eventually goes away and isnt so itchy after awhile. However.. it always comes back after I tan again, eventually it'll stop coming back after, at least it in the past that is what happens. My question is, what is it and how do i make it go away, w/ out stopping tanning!

Well i am responding to you question, about you getting a rash on your elbows and you butt cheeks! I am having the same problem right now and i was just on the internet researching and i have pretty much can down to it that the tanning salon is mixing the cleaner to strong. they are actually suppose to use liption paper to see if the right fluids are mixed equal and not to strong. But i am not sure if that is exactually what the problem is or not. I am going to talk with the salon manager tomorrow and see what she is going to do for me, because when i am in the stand up tanner i have no problem at all.

I am having the same thing. Mine are on my knees and on my chest. Itchy at first. I though maybe it was kinda like sun blisters so I tried the stand up beds and it has got better but now I have this slight rash that appears after tanning on my chest then bout 24-48 hrs later it is gone. I thought maybe I was having a reaction to something, however I do not use lotion.

well i have very fair skin and i develpoed a rash/hive looking thing on my arm. I think that i got a allergic reaction to the disanfectant they use to clean the bed. i did not burn at all and i was only in the level one bed. I was told to just bring a spray bottle with water in it to clean off the bed before i go in. i guess it's not that uncommon of a problem, i know several people that have to do this before getting in the bed. i'm hopeing that this helps. i havent gone back yet because it hasn't fully healed. but, maybe this will help?

YEAH ME TOO! Ive talked to several of my vetran tanners and they say, theres two causes. 1.YES the cleaners but also more common 2.not being properly cleaned! yes YUCK. as for the treatment...clear calamine,stops the itch and clears the bumps.

I am on-line now looking for an explantion to the rash that i have on my chest and back from tanning also,it is red and itches. if i dont lay for a few days it goes away, but comes back when i lay. I thought it could be the disinfectant that the bed was using too, but this happend to me for the lst time last year so i choose a new tanning salon and it is still happening. the i thought it mite be the bronzer i used last year so i bought a new lotion this year,, yet its still buggin me this year. I have laid for years. one month around this time of the year and then maybe once a week for another month and that it!!! This is the 2nd year i have had this problem

I have the rash now. I have used only the stand up tanning booth, so it can't be from any disinfectant. I get the same rash from the sun, when i go to the beach every single year. This is an allergy from ultra violet lights, including the sun. Research the internet about sun rashes. It's not the tanning beds. Of course, you can react from anything, so if its on your elbows, then ok, could be, but the tanning bed does not touch your chest so it can't be that. Talk to your doctor and do the research.

i have a rash too. it started about a month ago on my hips after tanning - within the next few hours it had spread to my shins calves elbows and forearms- its small red bumps that itch like crazy - i didn't go to the tanning bed for a month and the rash finallly went away, but i went two days ago and the rash is back! i'm gonna skip out on the tanning bed thing for a while!!!!!!!!!!! it's all i know to do

I am one of 4 people I know that is using the same salon and Im the only one getting a irritable rash on my arms chest and back it is raised and feels tinglely. I stopped using accelerator but it is still bothing me!!

i've been tanning for 3 years now and this is the first time that this has ever happened. i went for 2 days, everything was fine, then i went on a third and i broke out in this weird rash that itches and hurts. i don't know what to do except try that water bottle thing and clean it before i go on...but as said in a previous response, thebed doesn't touch my chest. so i'm confused. it only shows up in certain spots, but when it does show up it shows up exactly ilke it did before in the exact same spots.

I have the same problem with the red itchy bumps on my heels of my feet and on top of my feet, ive done some researching and i think they are heat bumps from the heat and tanning just coming out of winter, ur body is not used to the climate change yet, so it helps if you use a fan and keep the area where the bumps are open let them breath, I dont know how to get rid of mine, but from now on when i tan im going to wear socks, dont know if that will help if it does that means it was the cleaning product i was allergic to.

hope this helps

I am also having the same problem. I have been tanning for 8 or 9 years and have never had problems using lotions. About 2 years ago I was at a salon and began to try the Tingle Lotions that are available, within weeks, I had the itchy rash all over my inner thighs, outer thighs, stomach, and chest. It itched like crazy and is extremely uncomfortable. I stopped tanning and eventually it went away. Last year I was at a completely different salon, wasn't using lotion, and I didn't have any problem. However, as soon as I begin to use lotion it seems the rash appeared again. I went to the doctor and he said to just stop tanning. I did for about 6 or so months. I have just recently began to go again at another different salon and wasn't using lotion and again no problem. This week I decided to purchase a lotion and guess what's back... the rash again.

The one thing I did notice that about all 3 times is:

1. I was using an indoor tanning lotion, first two times it was tingle, third time it wasn't.
2. All 3 times it has happened, the bed had been used all day long by multiple people because it was peak season and I sweated like crazy in the bed which i doesn't usually happen.

My theory is that it is either from not sanitizing the beds properly or there is something in the lotion that is causing the rash. The lady at the salon told me there are 3 other women that go there that have the same problem and she alcohol wipes the beds down for them before they go in to get rid of the cleaner and they haven't had any problem since.

I usually always go tanning in the spring to get ready for summer, I just hope I can get down to the root of the problem.

i have been tanning now for about 2 weeks and i have been getting a rash on my butt my back my breast my legs and have no idea what it was but i guess that it seems common and i am not the only one that it happens to i go every now and then and they do go away but come rite back the itch is so bad i couldn't believe how little the people at the tanning place even new about tanning beds.

I have had these little red rashes for the last year. I just started tanning again and it is BACK!!! I am on a new birth control pill and I think that might be it. I never had this problem until I changed my pill.

i woke up this morning and had five spots on my left forearm, all below my elbow. about an hour later by the time i got to the doctor i had a sixth coming up. one is the the size of a nickel, the others are pretty small, about a centimeter long. they're raised blister-like things that were extremely red around the outside of them. they itch REALLY bad but they burn and sting when i touch them. i went to the doctor, they had no idea what they were. they gave me a steroid shot and some prescription allergy medication and some of the redness has gone down, but other than that they're still there. i am so confused. does this sound like what yall have been having? it looks like ringworm surrounding blisters, but the doctor said it isn't ringworm. it's just very very strange.