I have had a swollen Lymph Node on the right side of my neck for 3+ years, I went to see the DR 12 Months ago, and she said if its not gone in 6 months to return, but I thought, oh its not bothering me its ok, but now, its tender to touch.
I have noticed a change in my appatite, and also i am very tired all the time, I sweat excessively.
I know I should return to my GP, but I would just like to know what I am in store for when I return, if anyone would know?
thanks

Hi! Yes, you should probably return to your doctor. Maybe you could check your thyroid hormones. These symptoms might be caused by some thyroid disorder. When your thyroid doesn't function, it can affect every aspect of your health, and in particular, weight, depression and energy levels. Aches and pains in your muscles and joints, weakness in the arms and a tendency to develop carpal tunnel in the arms/hands and tarsal tunnel in the legs, can all be symptoms of undiagnosed thyroid problems. Feeling exhausted when you wake up, feeling as if 8 or 10 hours of sleep a night is insufficient or being unable to function all day without a nap can all be signs of thyroid problems. I hope it's nothing serious. Good luck.