I am a 20 year old male who was always in good health then one day this lymph node on the left side of my neck just popped up. I went to the doctor he tested for mono and strep throat both came back negative. He also did a blood test and a urine test both came back fine so he sent me home and said if anything gets worse come back. Later on i went to the dentist for a check up and they did an Xray and found out i have an Impacted wisdom tooth on the left side of my mouth with a cyst over it. The dentist said this is what could be causing the lymph node to swell up and she prescribed me Penicillin which did bring the lymph node down a little. Now that i am off the medication the lymph node in back. Lately I have been feeling like there is a lump in my throat on the right side when i swallow it does not hurt just feels like there is something there. I have also developed a stiff neck and it looks like the right side of my neck is swollen a little and there is some kind of clicking or grinding noise coming from the right side of my throat when i swallow. And last but not least i have been congested for a month i can not get ride of this stuffy nose. I am going to make an appointment with an ENT today and hopefully we can figure this out.

Hi honey! Due to your age, I REALLY doubt it is anything at all connected to Throat Cancer - do you smoke or use chewing tobacco? I would hazzard that this is either a lingering infection OR a thyroid condition known as a goiter! So when you see your doctor ask about having your thyroid checked OK? Plus Ask for stronger penacillan, lymph nodes really become enlarged with infections, and compacted wisdom teeth - with an infection, can be a real b****r to treat - I should know I had a major one when I was 13!!!! I even had to have surgery to take away the infection. So have them run a Thyroid test 1st OK? Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and ehalth honey!

Thank you for the reply I have had my thyroid checked and it came back normal. I am now on Doxycycline and it has reduced the size of the lymph node but it is still there. I am going to get this wisdom tooth taken care of really soon. I see my ENT doctor this week so hopefully he will say everything is normal and that i just need to get this tooth taken care of. thanks again for the reply.

I'm glad to hear that, also know something else about lymph nodes, when they become enlarged - with puss/infection etc, they can remain enlarged for quite some time! Try putting warm compresses on it, and see if that can reduce the infection. Warmth makes blood come to that area, and it might be able to irrigate the infection - kind of like a flush! Good luck and health!

Hi there! Did your ENT ever tell you what the issue is? Can you tell me how your'e doing now? I know you were pretty worried. Let me know, okay?

Hello My ENT put me on a medrol dose pack and augmentin to see if the swollen lymph node would go away. then a couple of days later he called me and said my throat swab came back positive for Pseudomonas aeruginosa. I am not to sure what Pseudomonas aeruginosa is from what i have read a throat swab is not a good way to test for that kind of infection. He took me off of the augmentin and put me on luvaquin and i am at the end of my medrol dose pack. the original lymph node that was swollen is still swollen but it has really gone down in size. but i believe i have 2 new lymph nodes that popped up on the underside of my chin. I am going for a CT scan of the neck this week and i hope to have answers very soon.

Hi hon! WOW!!! I've never heard of this before, so I checked my handy dandy wikipedia and here is the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudomonas_aeruginosa

It sounds quite infectious, and has to be watched carefully. The way our body shows infection is via a temperature and enlargement of any of our lymph nodes! If you read this site, this infection is resistant to antibiotics, so this will be why the nodes are still enlarged! I want to know what they have to say after your CT! And I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I did quite a bit of research on the 2 drugs you are on Levaquin and the Medrol! The Medrol is for anti inflammatory, and the Levaquin is used for Flu and Urinary Tract Infections - so I TOTALLY agree with the Levaquin and the Medrol! It sounds like your doctor is TOTALLY on top of all of this! There is no use giving you anitbiotics after anitbiotics, and the Levaquin is used for Viral infections! Which is what you have! Just like anything Viral, get enough fluids, vitamin C, and rest! Use the warm compress's on the nodes - you can use boiled milk that has cooled so you can touch it, and put a slice of bread in it really quickly and then place the warm compress on the swollen node! I know this sounds weird but it is a poltice and can open the pores and let the puss and poison come out of your nodes! Obviously use a towel, and try and put as much warmth as possible on the areas in question. Just try and relax and enjoy the heat, knowing that it is bringing all the good troops to that area! Good luck and health honey!

Went to see my Doctor today. He said my CT scan looks good no problems. the lymph node is under a centimeter and there is no reason for concern. I am going to continue my levaquin to that nasty Pseudomonas throat infection out of my system. I see him again in a month so hopefully all will be well.

Thankyou for replying to me! Get as much Vitamin C and rest, including liquids that you can! Your body has been through one heck of a time and needs to replenish your "army" Echinacia is a FANTASTIC herb for your throat, you can get it in a tincture (drops) and when you swallow the drops I swear it's like you can feel it doing something! Obviously I am more in favor of dealing with herbs and old wives tales! But they have been used for thousands of years! Also there is an immune booster called Acyclovir! This boosts your immune system especially against Viral infections - such as herpes! Whatever you can take to increase your immune system, to kick this out of your body the better! Also know that SOMETIMES there might be a small amount of scar tissue (or swollen tissue) left behind from a mass infection! I had one on my eye years ago - I STILL have a VERY small lump on my eyelid! I can have it lanced and removed, but It doesn't bother me! So whatever you can do to finish off the draining of your lymph node the better! Please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey!

I'm really glad to hear that there is no reason for concern, so thanks for posting and giving us the update. Please be sure to let us know about your progress, okay?

hi im 14 and im having the exact same prob except im also sore evrywhere on my body. i have a slight on and off sore throte and it only hurts on the right and my left lymphnode under my chin is swollen alot and im like afraid i have throat cancer plz help

I am feeling the same way. Have you went to the doctor yet?

bambi27 wrote:

Pseudomonas is a "bacterial infection" and is not viral. Levaquin is an antibiotic, not an anti-viral medication.

Hey, For the past two days, my lymph glands on the neck are swollen. I just visited the doctor and he gave me some tablets. And he asked me to get back within a week. If the lymph glands are still swollen, he asked me to meet the surgeon. I'm afraid ! Is it throat cancer ? Please help !