Hi! Few days ago I noticed something on my neck. I also feel pain in my throat and last night I had a mild fever. Today I went to doctor and she sent me to otorhinolaryngologist. He told me that I have 5cm swollen lymph node on one side of my neck. What I should do?

It’s probably a throat infection. Lymph nodes enlarge as a result of bacterial or viral infections. This means that your immune system is functioning appropriately. As I know lymph nodes are generally considered to be normal if they are up to 1 cm. Don’t worry about that. You should take some antibiotic and you will be ok soon. Good luck!

Infections are usually reasons why glands and lymph nodes are getting swollen and as your doctor already confirmed this is your problem. When this happens it is best to let our body to fight by itself against that bacteria or virus causing this infection but since you have already visited your doctor I presume she has given or prescribe you some antibiotics. But if you notice that your lump or swollen lymph lasts more than two weeks than you should revisit your doctor!

Meanwhile, you can try to build up your immune system to help your body to fight against this infection. Try to increase intake of fluids and vitamins through healthy nutrition. Also you can try with the supplements of vitamins and minerals.