Hi there. I have been having a really sever sore throat with a really swollen and tender lymph node. This actually happened two time now. Before it was the same. I thought it was strept throat. But now this is the third time. And the pain is really bad. It is only on the right side. And the lymph on that side is really tender. Last time it lasted about a week and a half. I have trouble swallowing. The pain is really bad. Is there anyone who can give me some advice. Other wise I am I have no other symptoms. :-)

Hi, I took a really bad throat virus at beginning of February. I was put on three lots of antibiotics one after the other. The throat remained sore, my tonsils were swollen and my neck glands were enormous and very tender. it is only in the last five days that my throat has stopped being sore but my glands, especially my right one, is still big and hard, although not painful now.

The last time I went to the docs he gave me flixonase nasal spray because I had said that it always felt as if something was trickling down the back of my throat.

I'm still a bit bunged up so i wonder if that is what has been causing my symptoms to last for so long. Hopefully I'm coming to the end of it now though

Do you still have your tonsils?? If so, I think you have a tonsil stone. If you apply some pressure to the sore tonsil with a q-tip (you may be mistaking the sore tonsil for a sore gland), you will eventually see a white hard small mass pop out. You will feel better almost immediately. I feel like a new person. I hope this helps!

Just a little advice..don't take antiBIOtics for a virus. Take anti-viral medication. Antibiotics are for bacterial infections and therefore aren't doing anything for your viral infection. All it is doing is making your body less reactive to antibiotics for when you really need them.

I have the exact same sickness. VERY swollen sore throat, can hardly drink water. Headache, body ache, tired, slight fever, generally sick. But have noticed a swollen gland on the right. Is there an answer? Talking with an online doctor, WRONG diagnosis... I want a better answer. :roll

Just an advice, don't take any medication first. You should have a check-up for that. It might be dangerous to act alone without the doctors advice for you. But it's really up to you if you want to get a medication.

same thing. went on meds for 2 weeks which made an ulcer like feeling in the stomach, relieved the symptoms of the sore throat, but they have quickly returned. its awful and a real pain. apparently my doctor gave me a temporary relief pain med. i think we should all try herbal remedies. this pill this medicine that has turned us into such a dependent.

i went to the doctor an they said that i have a 2in by 1in puss pocket behind my tonsel but they gave me an antibiotic for it cuz the inside on my right tonsel in swollen shut an i havent eating or drake anything in 3 day cuz mothing will go passed it an it feels like rasorblades are cuting my throat when i tryan open it. after i got down one antibiotic the bottel said dont lie down 30 mins affter takeing it i dident but i sait down infront of my labtop for 2hours an now my next in swollen an tence an wont move im in so much pain my parants wont take me to the hospital agean cuz no insurance an no money

I have the same problem. The lymph node on the right side of my neck is very swollen and I have an extremely severe sore throat... I wince every time I swallow. My inner ear is staring to itch on both sides. I went to the doctor and she thought I either had strep throat or "mono", but the strep test turned out negative. I have resigned to the belief that it is "mono". Other than my sore throat problems and ear aches and swollen lymph node... I have had a mild fever and find it nearly impossible to eat sleep or drink. At first I thought it was the spread of a viral infection that originated in the tissue around my back left wisedom tooth. For 4 weeks prior to this sore throat I had been eating on the right side of my mouth, and when the gums in the back finally started to deflate, a sore throat started on the left side of my throat. So It is either the spread of an oral infection into the throat or it could be "mono" or some other thing. The doctor didn't seem to consider tonsillitis. I wish former posters had returned to the website to state how long the illness lasted or if they found a diagnosis. Hang in there everyone!

My son has the same thing, sun night he came home with major headaches, couldnt swallow, fever... he woke up on monday, snoreing load, couldnt swallow, drooling, sever chap lips, it looked like gook on his teeth, inside his throat was covered in blisters, outside his troat tender to touch. We went to the doctor, she thought strep or mono as well... the swab test came back negative for Strep and the Mono test came back negative too... BUT she strongly thinks its Mono ... but apparently it takes 4-5 days to become active to show up on a test. She sent us home with NO medication since Strep is a bacteria and Mono is a viral infection. She needs to be sure what it is or the WRONG meds could make you worse. She said to come back in 4-5 days, she will re-test for MONO and if possitive, will give a Steroid and anti-viral medication - but in the meantime, he is at home, in bed, with the chills, and feeling terrible! She also sent the Strep test to the lab to be sure the ressults were correct! -- mY SON IS 17 AND APPARENTLY "MONO is common for teens... but can be very bad around young kids and pregnant women - so i wouldn't mess around.. go see a doctor ! The doctor also said if it's mono, watch for tenderness or swollen stomach pains by the spleen... can get very bad there .... If you have any suggestions, please let me know ! I am so worried about my son.

my fiance has been in severe pain, his throat is swelling and it looks like he has a golf ball (from the out side of his face) where his glands should be. hes complaining about pain in his throat cant eat or drink and can barley sleep. he has no kind of medical or health insurance so he cant go to the doctor b/c we cant afford it, and i dont know how to help him.. ive tried the common over the counter medicine. his symptoms are, sore/ swollen throat/glands, mainlt his right side. his right ear hurts, he can barley talk, his breath smells really bad, (nothing ive ever smelt) and his right chest. he says it feels like heart burn kinda, he cant get out of bed. he gets hot and cold flashes.. when he sleeps he snores. but he hasnt been able to eat or drink and im worried. is there any home remedys or advice you can give me to help ease the pain a little, or cure/heal whatever this might be.. im worried that his throat might close and im tired of seeing him in pain.. please help me
-britney ann ps any tips/advice will do
thank you

Hi what happen with your fiance? I have pain in my throat too and swollen nodes. I am worried about him though he should go to the Dr I hate to say it but it sounds like Cancer in the neck, Please look it up asap and get him to the Dr. GOOD LUCK

hey britney ann.. he has strept throat. if he has terrible breathe.. it's strept. he needs an anti-biotic. Please go to a doctor. dont wait. It COULD GET very serious. and we would all hate to see that.

ok you have an abscess it a build up of puss on one side of your mouth and it hurts ok i know this cuz i had my abscess drained out yesterday go to the er and they will give you an iv and lots of drugs then i docter will come in and cut you tonsil and the abscess will drain

That last person who wrote about the 17 year old, it is probably mono. But if there are white things all over the mouth it could be thrush.