So, I've had a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck for approximately 9 months now. I went to the doctor several times and they kept putting me on a different antibiodic, but the lymph node just got bigger. I had blood work done, a thyroid ultrasound where it came back slightly enlarged, but not enough to worry about it. I had a CT of my neck and manable. The ENT saw something, but couldn't tell what it was. So, I'm scheduled for a laryngoscopy and removal of the lymph node on 1/17. I've had extreme fatigue for several months, waking up soaked from sweat at night.. low grade fevers off and on, and odd skin rashes. Any comments or is there anybody else experiencing the same thing. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have had a painful swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck (jugulogatric node) for 4 months now. I have had it since my tonsillectomy. I also still suffer with ear pain, ringing in the ears and red sore throat, and a pinching/stabbing feeling on the right side of my throat.

Like you, I have been on several different antibiotics and they do nothing.
My doc wants to remove it, but can't tell me what it is.

I am trying to figure it all out so that I don't have to have it removed. But if it gets much bigger I am going to have to have it done.

I wish you the best on the 17th, keep me posted on your progress.

Best Wishes and a speedy recovery.

Painful1

Hi, I'm telling you, you are better off just getting it removed. Even if it just ease's your mind. The way I look at it is that I'm better safe than sorry. And if it is something, hopefully it's early enough to treat and get me better. My ENT wants me to have my tonsils removed also because I get a lot of sore throats, but that is scary. My three year old just had his removed in November, and it wasn't fun!

Well let me know how you do. I will keep you posted after the surgery!

Thanks for the input!

I just happened to read your post today, the day of your surgery. Hope everything went/goes well. I think my sister will be getting something similar to your surgery, update us on how it goes. As for your question abut the rash and stuff, I do not know.

How did the surgery go? How are you doing?

Painful1 wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hope your surgery went OK, you should get an answer once the lab has tested the removed lymph node. A friend who had very similar symptoms to yours (i.e. swollen lymph, extreme fatigue, and night sweats), was found to have Hodgkin's disease, for w hich she was successfully treated. Good luck.

I also have had swollen lymph nodes behind my right ear and jaw line (very painful) for 6 months, my Dr also put me on several antibitics had a CT scan that did show that the lymph nodes were swollen.....and still nothing has been done about it. This all started shortly after eye surgery (cateract lens replacement) I didn't have cateracts but they replaced the lens in my eyes because I was not a candidate for Lasik...anyway, I feel there may be a connection so I am seeing the Eye Dr today. I may have to have the lymph nodes removed. Any advice out there ??

Patti

hi there hope all went well with surgery for everyone. i had neck lymph nodes removed nov 06 and by may 07 they were back... all i was told was it wasnt cancer howevr i still suiffer fatigue, an often when i move my neck locks in the area of op. both swolen nodes are back.... but still have had no reason for it...

I had the lymph node on the right side of my neck removed when it swelled up in 1998 and they said it was cat scratch fever. Until my daughter was born 8 months ago I had no real side affects except loss of feeling in that area but now I am experiencing lots of pain on that side sometimes shotting up into my ear and a tearing feeling below the surface.

I am scheduled to have my lymph node on the left side of my neck removed in the new year. I also have low grade fever, rashes and night sweats. My Doctor said that it's a "bad" gland that is in a constant state of infection causing all these wonderful side effects. Hang in there!!! I'm sure it gets better. :-)

I am scheduled next week to have my enlarged lymph node removed next week. Lately, I have been suffering from fatigue and extremely bad night sweats. Does anyone think that my fatigue and night sweats are related and will go away after my surgery? Also, how long do people usually take off of work after the surgery??? 8)

I had a very swollen and infected submandibular gland on the right side my throat for 1 1/2 years before they decided to do anything. They kept pumping me full antibiotics and pain pills until it got to the point where I couldn't even open my mouth anymore. They finally removed the gland on 3/5/09. The surgery took an hour longer than expected because the cord was wrapped around all the blood vessels and the doctor couldn't get to the gland. Since the surgery I have had nothing but problems and pain. I even questioned the doctor several times about whether he might have left something behind which he of course denied. Finally after being on antibiotics for another 6 months I went to see my surgeon's partner. You'll never guess what he told me. The surgeon left behind part of the salivary glad and some lymph nodes that are swollen. You got it, I have to have surgery again! I am not a happy camper. It is one of the worst surgeries I have ever endured.

Hello, I had my left axillary lymph node removed recently and le me tell you it was much more painful than I expected. My surgeon warned me that due to the fact that I have fibromyalgia that it would be much much more painful that the average person, but, it has even exceeded that. He also informed me that once I was cut open, only then would he be able to tell how deep and how large the node was that needed to be removed. Unfortunately it was in fact larger and deeper under the breast tissue then we hoped. It is now 3 weeks after surgery and it is still amazingly uncomfortable, I have good days and then I have really bad days. I feel like it was almost in vain, the lymphoma test came back negative. The only result they could call it was Reactive Hyperplasia, and the node itself was extremely high in white blood cells. So this means more poking and prodding... The area feels like it is asleep, yet when I try to shave it sort of tickles but burns and hurts, very very odd sensation. You don't know weather to laugh or cry. So to anybody who needs to do this, be prepared for a little more discomfort than what the doctors tell you and if you have any other issues such as Fibromyalgia or CFIDS, be prepared to have it be even worse that that. My prayers to all of you...

iv had the same exact issue but no one has figured it our yet. no removal and i do suffer from hypothyroidism

Any answers to what it was? I am now having the same exact issues! very scary!