Can anyone help me??? About 4 months ago i notice an enlarge posterior lymph node on the left hand side of my neck. I went to the doctor who seemed to think that it was nothing serious and sent me away with some mild antibiotics for a weeks course. After completing the treatment nothing had changed as i imagined it wouldnt. I arranged to go back to my doctor to have some blood test which later came back clear. I started to then notice that i was getting pains in my left ear when swallowing and pain in my mandibular gland under the ear jaw line. My doctor then put me on a stronger antibiotic and booked me into my local ENT for a ultra sound. As i feared the antibiotic didn't work, at all!!!!! When I later went for my appointment for the scan, the doctor said that my raised lymph node was tiny and benign, 120% not cancer or anything to worry about. 2 months on and im still experiencing extreme discomfort and tenderness in my mandibular when turning my neck left to right, the lymph node is still raised and my ear still experiences pain. I forgot to mention that in behind my tragus i can feel a hard, bone like lump....again on the left side only......getting seriously fed up now and really want some answers as my doctors keep sending me away. Please help

you can try asking about Castlemans Diseae...

It's a very rare disease that my dad was diagnosed with and what you described is pretty much what happened to him.

Hi there, if it is any comfort at all. I just experienced the same thing 2 days ago in the exact same location. It first started with my ear feeling like it was infected. Then in the middle of the night, I suddenly felt as if something was enlarging on the left inside part of my neck about 1"-11/2" directly below my ear. I hope it is not serious. Has your pain gone away yet? Please tell if it has and how long did you experiece this unusual phenomena. Thank-you.

Hey Scott Mine condition started with what i thought was a insect bite below my eye, left side. The Doctors told me to add heat pack to my undereye and gave me two precriptions. This was yesterday afternoon late, so my husband just now left to drive to a cheaper pharmacy in Dallas to get them for me. After applying heat I was doing some studies and when to bed. I woke up about 1 am to go potty and my eye is now swelled shut. At the Doctor yesterday they kept feeling my throat and glands which we not sore at the time but today my left lymph node is like a knot and my my whole neck is swollen? It is like hat next, I am 53 and livein Irving, Texas. I lost my insurance in 2007 s I know have a plan thru the county hospital called Parkland plus. I can get my medications cheaper but have to drive to one of their Pharmacies which is in Dallas. The dctor said one was cheap I could get at a regular Pharmacy for $4 but the other was expensive. I have no idea what they have sent me. It has been 2 years I just noticed so I hope you are totally fine now Many Blessings!

You need to go to another doctor. Mine started like yours did and He tried me on an antibiotic which didn't work. I made another appointment because it was growing, my ear was numb and causing ear ache and head ache. Just got back from the doctor and they have set me up for surgery to have them removed. Hope by now yours has been taken care of.