i have a nickle sized lymph node on the right side of neck, its is behind the muscle strap. I have also experienced fatigue and drenching night sweats for 2 weeks now. does anyone have an opinion on this?

Hi Jackie: That sounds like a total infection, either your throat, your inner ear etc. Lymph nodes are the 1st sign of infection, that is why the 1st thing your doctor will do is run his/her fingers up the side of your throat. You will need antibiotics, since you are already experiencing sweating etc. They will probably do a throat swab too. So get checked out right away OK! It;s not good to leave an infection alone, as it can lead to nastier infections. Good luck and let me know OK?

I also forgot to state that the node does not move.

Hi Jackie: Think of a node as a pour, when a pour gets filled and doesn't have a way of getting rid of the obstruction, it will turn into a pustule - or a hard bump! Just the exact same with the infected lymph node, they will be hard as rocks, because they are swollen with puss!! If it was anything nasty, I would suspect it would be at the base of your neck towards the front - suggesting something going on with your thyroid!. Just get checked out and if they don't do a swab, ask for one, the reason why I want you to get checked out ASAP. Is that when an infection is in your body for a long time, then it can easily lead to a strep infection. Which can be VERY nasty indeed. Let me know how everything turns out OK?

Your body is fighting something off, the lymph nodes are kind of an attack center for either an infection or a virus. They are the ones that go to work to make you all better and fight the illness off. As other have said it could be an infection so if you have a fever I would go to the doctor. If it starts to feel better in a few days then you won't need a doctor visit (although it's always better to go and be safe rather than sorry later).

Hi Jackie,

The swollen lymph node is usually indicative of an infection as Bambi says. I'm more concerned with the night sweats and fatigue. That is a definite confirmation of something going on that needs to be checked.

It could be a fairly minor infection but without a workup you can't be sure. It could also indicate more serious problems, such as TB or HIV.

Don't put this off, OK. Get it checked out and let us know what happens.

i also just found swollen lymph nodes in my groin. I went to the dr on monday and she ordered blood work. So Im just waiting.

Hang in there Jackie. We're thinking of you.

So i keep hearing everyone say that its because of an infection...Now, what if i had a bladder infection? That wouldnt cause the lymph nodes to occur on my NECK would it? Please let me know :)