For nearly two months now i have had a swollen lymph node/gland in my neck :( on the left side with no other symptoms apart from nausea and fatigue ( always seems to be on the left side any time i have problems with my glands ) anyway i left it for about 2/3 weeks then i paid a visit to the Doc..he's never very enthusiastic anyway but he told me it should go down on its own and that its a viral infection, as i had already tried antibiotics and it made no difference..so i remembered before when my dentist said my gland was swollen due to wisdom teeth..So next in line was a visit to the dentist to check if it could be that as i was having trouble sleeping and was just becoming very uncomfortable with the feeling of the gland being inflamed. My dentist told me it was not dental related..and to go and ask the doctor what it was.. so i explained what he said etc etc etc. At this point im very stressed so i take vitamin c and zinc for a few weeks to boost my immune system..no change there :? ..next i try a chinese anti viral remedy..that just gave me migraines and made my gland swelllllllll to a ridiculous size :x .
I was experiencing nausea and fatigue due to the gland being inflamed so as a last resort in hope for some comfort i tried another herbal rememdy shop..they checked my temp and examined my throat..And come to the conclusion that i should take watermelon frost and an infection tea. As they said my throat was very red. They gave me some comfort for a bit.
I went back to the doctors as i was considering lymph node drainage massage but the therapist advised me to go back to my doctor first. When i did go back he took a swob from my throat and im currently awaiting the results. i have been tested for glandular fever a few years ago and it was negative my doctor said he wasnt going to re-test me for that. :? So i am very baffled as to what the problem could be??? I just want the swelling to do down :cry:

hey ameri,

are you sure that it is a lymphnode that is swollen or is it a tonsil/salivary gland?? where at exactly is it. if i were to feel my neck where would i have to go to feel that bump?

Hibiomajor,

erm yeah as far as i know it is..thats what the dentist and docs have told me.
But i noticed white inectection on one of my tonisils the left one yesterday 8-| so i thought id ring the badjer clinic as this was becomming a very annoying feeling. I was prescribed penicillin and he done an examination on my throat and noticed it looked red. but its not sore, ? anyway he came to the conclusion that i may have a low blood count which would explain the re-occuring problems i have with my lymphnodes, so im going to change doctors on monday and hve a blood count done.
And to locate it you would have to feel just under your jaw bone but in between your ear and chin..if that makes sense? ?

hey amerie,

kindof... ok from the point of your jaw that makes that 90 degree angle where is it? about how far it it in relation to that "point" in your jaw and your chin? not sure it this makes sense. and also is it right to the inside of your jaw bone or is it more towards the center of our body?

also please le me know when you get the results for your blood count back especially the differentials on the white blood cells. example how many lukocytes, monocytes, eosinophiles, neutrophiles there are. alright?

thanks

Hey,

Erm from the edge of the jaw bone its a inch across..but if yours isn't inflamed then you wont know where to feel for it really because its hard to explain the location.
but from the length of the edge of your jaw to your chin its roughly in the middle.. 8-|
Are you having a similar problem?

Hi, just to let you know i had the lymph node removed and havent had any problems since :-D

Hey Amerie,
Thank you for giving me an update im glad to know everything has been going good :-D :-) :-D ;-)

i have had swollen lump in my neck over a yr. they all said it will go down . er gave me meds to cure infetion .i took the meds it didnt do any good . well i last i got medicaid started seen a new doctor that tells me i got cancer after wateing for over a yr . i find out the bad news . so see if i had medicaid over a yr ago i would of done been cured maybe.

I have the same problem as you , and they are baffled as to why only on one side. Please let m know what you find out.

Directly underneath my left jaw