I'm a 17 year old female, and for the past 4 days I've had a marble sized lump in the left side of my neck. I'm not sick with anything, not even a cold, and I don't have any fevers. I thought it was nothing, and my school nurse said it could be just a cyst or a swollen lymph node and it would go away, and they just come and go for no reason.

It hasn't been getting any better or worse, and today I started my swimming course. I haven't swam since last year, and I'm overweight (5' 0" 198lbs.) so I'm out of shape. Today after swimming I was extremely light headed and had barely any sense of balance. I was dizzy and all of my muscles were lifeless and I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep. I had swimming first thing in the morning and I did eat a good breakfast. As the day wore on it went away and I didn't faint or anything.

I was wondering if this extreme exhaustion (like I've NEVER had before) is because I'm THAT out of shape, or is it because of this swollen thing in my neck?

It sounds like you just could have swam too hard, too fast. Since you're out of shape, this is likely. I've had that happen to me a couple of times. It's awful, I know. Next time, be more careful.

If you feel that you swam just fine and it could be attached to your lymph node, try some of these: green papaya extract; enzymes; propolis (honey); raw ginger boiled in water--drink it as a tea; cat's claw; crocodile protein peptide; homeopathic remedies; infrared saunas; and the sun.

Hi Sami, Lymph nodes are apart of your immune system. Your lymphmatice system has lymph nodes located all throughout your body. They fight off infections, (colds, flue, bacterial and viral) Sometimes they build up with bacteria and swell. Usally will go away with antibiotics (if bacterial) Sometimes they go down on there own and sometimes never return to normal. My guess is your node is swelling because of some kind of infection, that you can't notice yet. The infection is usally located close to the effected node. For example if your cat scratched you on the chest, head or neck then your node in your neck could swell. Avoid playing with the node, it could make it worse. If it becomes bothersome, (mentally or physically) then have a doc look at it.

The lightheadedness is more than likely from not eating. You must eat after you workout. My guess is you are not eating enough, trying to starve yourself so you can loose weight. Try eating 5 or 6 small meals a day, chew your food more times than you normally would, avoid fast and fried foods, and don't eat with the T.V. on or while driving. Avoid soda or limit it to 1 per week. Drink a lot of water, take a bottle with you everywhere you go and put a bottle in every room of your house.
Stay busy and don't absess with your weight. This is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change. Do the right things and the right things will happen :D
I hope you will try my suggestions. Let me know how you are doing or if I can do anything to help you, we are all here for you.

I know this is a little late from your original post, but I just saw it. You sound like you may have a thyroid problem. Have you ever had thyroid function studies done?