I use the laptop at home only for a short time of 2 hours and stop. Just looking on face book or deleting emails and I'm unemployed. It started with my forearm with sharp pains up and down. Then I noticed my wrists mainly left felt like burning and as if someone was squeezing them uncomfortable. My finger's are tingly and cotton wool like NOT NUMB from little, ring and middle but as time has gone on ALL finger's. Even on my palm side is sore.
For the past 2 months now have found sleeping difficult either I can't or as soon as I'am get woken up.
I'm wearing a wrist support, trying not lean/keep straight and have got some gel. Did I just strain it?
P.s: On the back of my hand is a small lump that when I bend my hand splits into 2. Is this normal?
Has anyone had similar?

That sounds a lot like Carpal Tunnel. I'm 16 and I've had it since I was thirteen (I got it from a mixture of playing instruments constantly, computer, and texting), and it's caused by overworking your wrists or using them in an awkward position for a long period of time.  My brace usually helps when I'm typing. :) I'm not sure about the lump, though. D: I'd get that checked out, because it could be a cyst.

Hi, Sorry only just saw this. Yes some of the other sites I have tried have come back same answer almost. I'm just surprised even one doctor has the same and I'll know for sure if anything. As I wouldn't of said I use the computer much 2 hours or so in the evening but even as I type my left wrist is still a little uncomfortable ache.Thanks for getting in touch.