Hi! doctor diagnosed me CORPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME. What is CORPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME? What are the causes off this disease? How is CORPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME treated?

Hi! I had Carpal tunnel syndrome, and I had surgery. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when the median nerve, becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist. Treatments for carpal tunnel syndrome should begin as early as possible, under a doctor's direction. Initial treatment involves resting the affected hand and wrist for at least 2 weeks. Drugs, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and other nonprescription pain relievers, may ease symptoms that have been present for a short time. Surgery is recommended if symptoms last for 6 months, surgery involves severing the band of tissue around the wrist to reduce pressure on the median nerve. Surgery is done under local anesthesia and does not require an overnight hospital stay. Although symptoms may be relieved immediately after surgery, full recovery I had after about 6 month. I had physical therapy after surgery to restore wrist strength.

To add to the above response, you can also get Steroid/Cortisone injections into your infected wrist or wrists that can help.

Jeannine

This says CORpal not CARpal, corpal tunnel syndome is similar but is instead the compression of the Ulnar nerve. (in the elbow)

Thank you! It’s so hard to find info on corpal because these blithering i***t know-it-all’s try to correct your spelling.