I have had wrist, thumb, forearm pain on both hands for 5 months now. Started with right and as I started compensating with the left, wrist symtoms for that side surely started. I have had 2 cortisone injections, but fear as the pain keeps increasing 4 months later that its coming back at full force. Carpal tunnel was ruled out with a nerve test and working on a second opinion after my first doc said I had bone on bone issue in the thumb area (I find this hard to believe as I am only 26). I type and mouse constantly at work so this to no surprise is affecty my performance. I am at my wits end. Pain has become unbearable. Have noticed mousing aggrevates it 10X more than typing. Any advice to what this might be is greatly appreciated.

Personally I would see if you can get a cervical spinal MRI done. Most of my symptoms are in that region and it's coming from my neck and not carpal tunnel. I have bulging discs, foraminal narrowing (nerves coming out of the vertebrae are pinched), bonespurs....and yet most of my pain is just above my elbow, in my forearms, wrists, hands, fingers. Certainly worth looking into. What kind of a doctor have you seen?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and outlining a bit of your experience. Saw a second hand specialist yesterday, who ordered a thumb/wrist MRI. She does not believe its bone on bone as well so only time will tell if the MRI says anything…she’s out on vacation for 2 wks so won’t have my follow up until then :(. Might have to see her assistant for another set of cortisone injections just to maintain until then as my left hand is starting to become useless. I will definitely talk to her about the possibility of an cervical spinal MRI as that is exactly where my pain lies along with numbness and tingling in my left fingers. Are you better now or still in the process of treatment?

I'm still in the process of treatment but I am having surgery 7/12. I had xrays then an MRI so we knew there were the neck problems (at first I thought it was tendonitis in my shoulder and then I had numbness and pain/ache above my elbow and then my index and thumb were numb and I got crampy pains in my hands, pins & needles feelings up and down my arm. Then it got better on the left side with PT and neck traction, then I had it on both sides. I did PT w/neck traction, took oral steroids, took meds, had injections (foraminal) on the sides of my neck, had an epidural steroid injection and unfortunately none of those worked. So now I'm having a posterior laminectomy and foraminotomy on my cervical spine. MOST people actually get relief from the above treatments, but unfortunately, not all. Hoping you get it figured out! Oh I also had a nerve test done that ruled out carpal tunnel. Keep us posted!

I am so glad you getting the proper treatment. You have just given me a bit of hope as your symtoms and experience seems very similiar to mine.

First I thought tendoitis just on the right then both started, had shots and was all better, now it's just the left wrist going numb and crazy painful. But now I must have the doc take a look at my neck as even before all this started I would always have pain in the left side of my neck.

There would be days where I would have to have that spot massaged very roughly for any sort of relief. Hoping that this is the link to all of this. I will keep you posted. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY....and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Thank you and I hope you find some answers and treatment soon!