Hello, folks. My friend had elbow fracture, but it got complicated. He developed very soon ischemic contraction. I don’t know many details about this condition, so I would like to know if it is an emergency case or not. I would really appreciate all your replies considering this topic. Bye, folks!

Hello, there. Volkmann’s ischemic contraction can appear when there is an injury of elbow or forearm. Swelling is the one that is responsible for this since it compresses nerves and blood vessels in forearm. It affects hand, fingers and wrist. There are several forms of contracture. I think that a severe contracture is an emergency case. You should consult about all this with a surgeon. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!

Hello, folks. My friend had some injury last year. He injured muscles in his left forearm. Few days later, he started to feel the loss of sensation in entire left hand and wrist. He also had all the fingers and his wrist flexed. His thumb was stuck in hand. He went to the nearest ER. His doctor told us that this was a severe form and that it was urgent. As far as I understand, there are mild and moderate forms. I don’t know if they are urgent cases. You should check that out with your doctor. Bye!