I would like to know what is carpal tunnel syndrome and is it curable?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful and progressive condition. It is caused by compression of a nerve in wrist. Symptoms are mostly pain in the wrist , sometimes up to the arm and include pain, numbness and weakness. Symptoms may be mild at the beginning, but eventually they get worsen…people loose their grip and cannot even perform manual tasks. Moreover, carpal tunnel syndrome is very common with people that are performing assembly jobs. Carpal tunnel syndrome may be treatable to some degree. Painkillers may ease the pain, also putting ice on wrist… In more severe cases, where pain lasts for a longer time, surgery must be done (where surgeons must sever the band of tissue around the wrist to reduce pressure on the median nerve, which is actually causing the pain)

If you're experiencing persistent Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, I highly recommend you look into Alexander Technique. This technique is a means of regaining your natural posture, learning to move more efficeintly, with less tension, and greater ease. It's prvoed to be an excellent way to treat back pain, neurological disorders, and other chronic pain. I suggest the book BODY LEARNING by Michael Gelb if you want to learn a little more about the technuqie. The next step would be to go to an Alexander practitioner.

**********

We are responsible for many of the chronic pain we experience and can take control of it! Many find this hard to believe and would rather have a simple diagnosis and medication to mask the symptoms, but this doesn't actually solve the root of the problem. Once I started Alexander and began to take responsibility for my pain, I learned that there is a lot I can do to remedy myself!

I'm not being paid by anyone...Haha. Just another patient who has found a lot of relief and wants to share this possibility with others!

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use