I was told in 2010 I had 1 Tarlov Cyst showed up on my MRI. I had pain and my rt leg was giving way. Now it's 2013 and my new MRI shows 5 Tarlov Cyst and I have been in constant pain since 3/16/13 well over 20 + days. I cry from the pain my rt leg gives way more than it did before I would say 1 a week at least pain goes to my hips and not sure if it is related but my rt arm goes numb and my hand gets cold and it feels like I'm was given a jolt of electric CRZY I know. My orthopedic dr I went to I only saw the PA not him and she flat out told me Tarlov Cyst DO NOT cause pain. I cried and left there in tears. She referred md to have t and a epidural spinal injection nope. I'm going for a 2 md opinion I hear way to much that PT can make it worse and I'm in enough pain. So I pray I get some relief in this new DR I see 3/12/13. My question is how the hell do these Dr's know that I'm not in pain from them I told her its like sitting on something maybe a rock I can't move. I am sick of pain and need to get help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain fluctuates from 7-10 nothing less not any pain pills help me. FYI TARLOV CYST DO CAUSE PAIN.

I have Tarlov Cysts growing out of all the nerve roots in my Sacrum and I can tell you that they cause terrible pain that never goes away even with very strong medication. There is very little that can be done unless you can go to the very rare neurologists that will deal with them. I would rather have cancer-at least you have a good chance at getting rid of that. I am so sorry you have to deal with these.