I had an MRI revealing the cause of my pain on my right side from back to hip to right side of leg to knee. It is a good size synovial cyst. My physician wants to try injecting cortisone into the area as first course of treatment. I feel I should have it removed.
I am 52 years old, healthy, without family history or previous problems. My job as a kitchen worker over the last seven years require a great deal of heavy lifting and carrying which I feel has caused a great deal of wear and tear on this area. I plan to discontinue this work.
What is the best course of treatment for me?

I have pain in my hip to my calf, it skips the thigh and goes to the ankle. I wake up at 4:00 AM with terrible pain. I am cripple and can't get out of bed. Doctor wants to shave off the disk. He stated I would still have pain in my back. Has anyone had good results with this?