back in January 2007 I had some sort of tummy bug. I went to my doctor and he sent me for a ct. On the ct it showed a cyst on my ovary (which I took care of with my gyn dr)also they found a 16mm cyst on my pancreas. I had a tumor marker which came back negative and also an mri mrcp. My GI dr sent me for a pancreatic ultrasound this week and they took a sample of serous coloured fluid from the cyst which he said was 18mm. I have had no pain or vomiting just sometimes I feel a slight stitch in my side (only if i think about it) It doesn't stop me from working or any of my daily activities. The dr who did the scan said he would recommend removal of the cyst. How do they do this, and is it dangerous and would the cyst grow back. I am so terrified that I might die from the surgery. I am otherwise fit and healthy. I am also an RN so I tend to look on the black side of things. thank you

A friend of mine was diagnosed with a pancreatic cyst several months ago. They had to have a drainage tube for quite some time until all of the fluid was gone and the cyst had disolved. That's about all I can help you with. Maybe there are several different kinds of cysts...I don't know.
I do know they were terribly ill, couldn't eat or drink and was hospitilized for several weeks. ( It took over a week to discover the problem though).
Hope this helps some.
Good luck to you.

I'm assuming you don't have pancreatitis?
Anyway some cysts disappear on their own. Some require surgery. There's no telling if the cysts will reappear. You might never have another or you may. There's no definite.