My husband read an article about a woman who had a facial sinus cyst that caused her to have symptons of weight gain, depression, swollen legs, fatique and high blood pressure. I started to develop these symptons last year and the doctor has checked my thyroid, sleep studies, score of tests and the only thing they find is I do have a facial sinus cyst.

I have asthma that has worsen in the last year and was placed on a steriod last year for about 1 month to stop my wheezing. This is when my weight gain and swelling started and has continued for the past year.

Can you give me any information along this line?

For the past 3 months I have been going back and forth to the Doctor for symptoms of Vertigo, lightheadedness, loss of balance. I also have developed some depression and anxiety in the last few months. And also a few more symptoms are developing, loss of appetite, nausea, fatigue. At first he said it was just a virus and would probably go away in a few weeks.He gave me perscription for Antivert. I took it and it made me feel a little drowsey. It did take the spinning feeling away. But I still felt lightheaded

Well it didn't, so the next step was to see an ENT. During my visit with the ENT he suggested 2 things a CT of the sinuses and and ENG. The results of the tests were as follows: CT scan cyst on sinus and the ENG: showed a weakness with my right ear. I also had a hearing test which was just about normal. I also went to a 2nd ENT and he said he thought it was vertigo he recomended that I may just have some extra fluid, and told me to take a water pill.

The next step after that was to see a neurologist. I saw his PA during my first visit. She gave me a regular exam. Her diagnosis was that is was vertigo. She gave me perscription for Antivert, a lower dose this time. and told me to come back in one month.

My symptoms are pretty much the same when I am not taking the medicine. I dont want to have to take this stuff the rest of my life. I have not really had a real diagnosis yet. But the more I read about Sinus Cysts, the more I feel that the doctors should be looking into that route.
If anyone has any suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate it

Thanks,
Lynn
from Michigan

ive had all of the EXACT same symptoms for the last 2 years and just attributed it to moving to a new place and coming to contact with new and different germs on a very regular basis (moved from west coast to east coast). In 2 years I became extremely depressed, gained 60 pounds, constant headaches, couldnt breathe, eyes were always swollen and puffy, blood pressure went through the roof (the list goes on and on).
I go in for surgery to have my cyst removed on November 3 and I will be sure to let you know how it goes... I wasnt sure if I was making the right decision, but after doing some research, i KNOW im making the right decision!
I hope this helps!

Hi Lynn,

I just stumbled upon your post and the description you gave sounds identical to how my husband felt for about a year. He kept going to different Dr's and nobody could really explain why he felt nausea/dizziness etc all the time and I started to get really worred but then we finally got it figured out! It was his EYES. He started wearing his glasses (he would never wear them) and for a day he felt even worse and then magically he started to feel all better and he never takes them off and has felt normal ever since (its been a year).

maybe this can help you!
Lindsay

Well I have had a left sinus cyst for 3 years now, the pain in my cheak and eyes and headaches are getting worst, at the begining Drs. told me I did not need surgery so I left it alone until the pain started bothering me. I consulted 2 ENT in Mexico both told me I needed surgery. Maybe a biopsy to see if it is not cancerous, my Uncle died from a sinus cyst undetected that became cancerous o well I just have to go back to my head and neck Dr. and see if they change there mind and take away the cyst for me. Or what should I do?

Lynn: I am having the same symptoms and am going down the same road as you. I have had an MRI showing a cyst on my left sinus. Can I please ask how you came out? My next step is seeing an ENT, then a neurologist if that doesn't help...Thank you. Naomi from South Dakota

I've recently had an MRI showing multiple cysts and polyps in all of my sinus cavities. I am going to see a specialist because like many of you I have many symptoms not explained by any other reason! My balance is way off, i have migraines like crazy, I have dizzy spells and my vision has gone nutty! I even have them so bad that they have caused me to feel like I have a severe toothache and have had a tooth pulled thinking it was the tooth. It ended up being a cyst right at the edge of the tooth nerve causing my pain! I hope to find more answers and hope surgery will correct my issues as well~

Wow when I read this I thought that I had written it...I was experiencing balance off (blacked out at home), feels like I want to rip my teeth out, dizzy spells etc...Had MRi, Mra, cat scan ...On a copy of the MRI saw a sinus cyst right in the middle of my head about the size of a quarter...tingling on left side of face and down neck...went to a Neurologist..need to get a spinal tap to rule out MS.(am 41yrs old) Getting Migraines too often..Migraines just started only 3 months ago..so bad just want to get it over with and find out what is happening to me. Scared to get Spinal Tap but need to get it done and over with..I will update as the fun continues.. o.O

Hi

Wow, after reading the posts on this site I don't feel like the only one with these symptoms. I recently just started having balance issues again. Doctor sent me for an MRI which came back ok except there is another cyst on my sinus.. About 8yrs ago I was experiencing the same problems with balance, light headed, etc...at that time I had a CT scan, MRI, antivert, and had also gone to an ENT who ended up removing the cysts, which by the way did not relieve my balance and light headedness. I did end up going to a physical therapist who performed the maneuvers to get the crystals in my ears back in place. I'm not sure if it actually helped or not or if I just got used to the feelings and just avoided the things that made me feel unstable. The thing that bothered me the most was driving to work. I lost a least a month of work due to this. I found it so frustrating to not be able to explain my symptoms to the doctors. They always gave me the look that I was making this stuff up! I would just like to get back to normal again, wish I knew what brings these things on.
Does anyone else have pressure in one or both ears? :-)

Hi All,

I had surgery today to remove a massive cyst in my left maxillary. Many of the symptoms you guys have listed I share. My ENT sent samples off for a biopsy. He seems very confident that there is no cancer. My next checkup is in 10 days...I will let you guys know. It was very positive that is was not a polyp or inverting papilloma.

My prayer is that the symptoms go away as my maxillary heals. I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks!

Thanks to all who have posted. I came down with a major case of vertigo 2+ months ago. The doctor first prescribed Meclizine but that did nothing. The next day we switched to 3 Valium/day and then upped the dosage to 6 Valium per day. Well, the lightheadedness stayed and I went through another round of vertigo but this time it was accompanied with anxiety/panic attack. I work out quite a bit and this has really thrown a curve ball at my ability to maintain a routine.

I then went to an ENT to have multiple tests done on my hearing, eye placement and an hour in a new concept called a rotating chair. Afterwards we did two adjustments on my left ear to displace the crystals. I've since had to do several more on my own.

This past week I had an MRI as the ENT test results recommended vestibular rehab would be beneficial but they wanted the MRI to rule out a tumor. The MRI results said I have a cyst/polyp in the left sinus cavity. I've read so many responses that pretty much hit all the symptoms...depression, vertigo, weight gain, anxiety attacks, fatigue, etc. I am now waiting for an appointment with a ENT surgeon to go over the next steps.

Has anyone already had the nose surgery and did that help resolve the majority of these persistent symptoms?

Thanks

Hi

I had the surgery done over 8 yrs ago. I was hoping that it would get rid of the vertigo. It didn't seem to make a huge difference.
I have learned to avoid things that make the vertigo happen, but now after 8-10 years since the last major episode I seem to be having the symptoms again. I had another MRI that showed the cyst on left sinus again and have an appointment with ENT this month. Maybe since so much time has gone by they will have a better idea on how to treat me this time.
Driving is uncomfortable for me when I have the vertigo. I don't feel dizzy. My head and ears feel under pressure most of the time. Nothing is "spinning", me or otherwise. I haven't read anything from others who have my symptoms. I was given antivert back then but no help, just made my heart race.

I too have all of the previously mention symptoms ,just got results from my CAT-Scan and they revealed a Cyst & Nasal Polyps of the Left Nasal Cavity, that just happens to be the side that I had my Deviated Septum operation ,late November 2008,strange ? My Family Doctor also tested my ears and my left Ear isn't draining properly ,causing my head & ears to feel under constant pressure 24/7-for now he is treating me with Astelin Nasal Spay/Zygal-decongestant/and Antibiotic for 1 week/also 2mg Valium 4x a day???I'll try that and see/also a nurse friend of mine suggested a Topical Steroidal for the cyst?? I am looking for a new ENT to treat me now, as my original ENT who performed my Septum operation,never originally ordered a Cat Scan and still I let him perform the operation, nor did he really seem to care about follow ups/PS he is a Doctor who works for Dr Durante in Mineola,NY, anyway I will be sure to Post ,with updated info Thanks...............What ?? Huh ?? Gotta go "I Feel Dizzy,My Head Is Spinning" %-)

I also no longer feel alone. I have had severe headaches, dizziness, nausea and pain in my face, since my nose was broken earlier this year. I have finally been diagnosed with a cyst from a cat scan. Now after reading this everything I have gone through makes sense!!

I'd like to know what is involved with having surgery for a sinus cyst, how long does it take, what are the risks, what is recovery time? I have a sinus cyst and I want to hear from people who have had the surgery. Thanks.