I just underwent an abdominal ct scan and my doctor called me an told me that they found that i hav a cyst on the back of my heart. he told me not to worry and that it is a common thing, but i need to hav a chest ct now. I have been having a lot of pressure and tightness on my chest for the last month or so, but my doctor said that the cyst would not cause that feeling. im just worried and wanted to know if anyone has experenced this before and if so what was done about it. Thanks

I think that what is causing the tightness and pressure in your chest is probably anxiety. Believe it or not your body can convince you that a lot is going on that isn't, and I miagine that the cyst diagnosis may have stressed you out quite a bit. I don't think you posted much on it being stressful but it could be. Do you think that sounds right?

a lot of my doctors hav suggested that anxiety could be causing the discomfort with my chest, but i hav been sick for about 3 months with out any sort of answers as to what it making me sick. i hav abdominal pain along with cronic back pain, which is why they did the abdominal ct. yes there is some stress from being sick with out a diagnosis, but i do not belive that this chest pressure is a result of anxiety, i think that it is a new symptom of whatever is going on. but the stress of all this certainly does not help.
as for the cyst on my heart, i hav asked around, including nurses and radiation techs if this is something that is seen often and all have said no they have never heard of such a thing or how they treat it.

if anyone knows anything about cysts on peoples hearts then please let me know, i am waiting for the results of a chest ct and hopefully that will provide more answers. thanks for your input

I just found out I also have a cyst on my heart as well....my sister is a physician and I was a 'model' for an ultrasound course she was running and her students kept identifying some sort of tissue around the heart, which my sister said was a cyst. She also told me that its nothing at all to worry about, but I can have an echocardiogram done to get a better view and have doctors take a better look at it and be sure. She did not seem overly concerned at all, and I know my sister....shes very protective of me so if she's not worried, I'm not.

are you ok?! did they ever clear this issue?

Yes im fine. My dr refered me to a cardiologist who did an echocardiogram to get a better look at the cyst, and said that it would go away on its own. I later found out that the chest pressure was caused by a few of my ribs coming out of place. I now see a D.O. who does spinal manipulations, almost like a chiropractor, which puts the ribs back in their place. It has worked wonders! I feel great now and go for manipulations every 2 weeks.

I have been having  the same problem with my self, I've been getting pains in my chest shortness of breath and stubbing pains, i have been to the hosptial and they did some tests on me, they told me after the test was done that they the "doctor told me that he wasn't shore of why this was happening to me, he said that my test came back fine and that there was nothing to worry about  and at that time i was having bad breathing and pains , so i left the hospital thinking that it was all in my head, but then the next few days the chest pains and the high heart rate came back, so i went to see my doctor and he pretty much said the same thing as the doctor at the hosptial, so i really don't no what to do about this problem, could this problem really be happening because I'm thinking to much ? need answers ...

My daughter was having severe pain across her shoulders and shortness of breath eighteen months ago. She ended up in hospital and was told she had an empynema, but they werent that was what to call it. they put me on antibiotics & drain tube inserted to drain empynema. All is well for 18 months, then I get same symptons again. Went to emergency room. Did some x-ray s & MRI, put me on antibiotics for 2 weeks& went to pulmonary Specialist. He explained empynema sac on my lung. Was sent to Heart/Lung surgeon to remove. went to do microscopic surgery on this & it didn't show up on camera, but was on x-ray. He had to make bigger incision and found a cardio cyst on heart sac & removed it.

So how did it turn out?. My doctor had found a cyst on my heart. I'm being set up for more testing tomorrow

i HAD AN ABDOMINAL MRI AND THEY FOUND A CYST ..MY CARDIOLOGIST RECEIVED A REPORT AND ADVISED IT IS NOT ON MY HEART BUT BEHIND MY HEART ..HAS ANYONE HAD THAT ?

yes i have a cyst behind my heart -i am suppose to have it checked every three months i have not had it checked i have been trying too settle down in a place were i want too live but now i am haveing some pain towards my back like someone is grinding their fist back there in my back it comes and goes i did see a doctor a few months back in phoenix he just read the findings from my carioligist and said u will be find but im not he never even took another mri too see if any thing major is going on wow now im wondering what should i do

I have found out that I have a cyst behind my heart so anyone know about that? I have an MRI tomorrow.