My roommate is diagnosed with abnormal liver function few weeks ago. His doctor prescribed himTaxotere. Since my mother also had liver problems she used a lot of drugs, but for this one I have never heard before. I even don’t know if there was liver problem or something else then. I would like to get know something more about this drug.

Taxotere is an antineoplastic agent that acts by disrupting the micro tubular network in cells that is essential for mitotic and interphase cellular functions. It binds to free tubuin and promotes the assembly of tubulin into stable microtubules. Taxotere or Docetaxel is concentrate for injection that should be administered under the supervision of a qualified physician. It is used with patients with abnormal liver function, and patients receiving higher doses. Also sometimes it might help patients with non small cell lung carcinoma and a history of prior treatment with platinum based chemotherapy. There are many diseases that Docetaxel might be successfully used. It is indicated for treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic non small cell lung cancer. It is contraindicated in patients who have a history of severe hypersensitivity reactions to docetaxel or to other drugs formulated with polysorbate 80. It could be supplied in a single dose vial as a sterile or diluents vial. Hematological and other toxicity is increased at higher doses.