I have noticed that I have lost a lot of weight in past few months. I have also been experiencing difficulty in breathing and I cough all the time. I went to my doctor and he examined me but I am still waiting for the results. Is it possible that I have lung cancer?

I can't tell you if you have lung cancer, only your doctor can. However, I can tell you more about lung cancer. What you have been experiencing are the common symptoms of lung cancer, but it doesn't have to mean that you have it. For you to be sure, you will have to wait for the results. There are three main types of lung cancer: small cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. The most common cause of lung cancer is smoking. The risk for smokers to get a lung cancer is ten times higher then in non-smokers. But, this doesn't mean that non-smokers can't get it. Besides your symptoms, the symptoms of lung cancer are excessive fatigue, coughing up blood, pain in chest area and many others. It is sad to say it but in most cases, lung cancer is discovered too late for curative treatment to be possible. Surgery can cure cancer but only in those patients who are suitable for this treatment.

I have absolutely no clue how to deal with the symptoms i have been feeling for the past month or so. Mainly, it's the feeling of being in "autopilot" mode where by physical body acts out before my brain makes a decision. Also, i have a sense that my mind is spiraling out of control and that the feelings i have been accustomed to in the past are different to those i am having now, difficulty in concentration etc. I've had a lot of work on my plate and may be due to anxiety however i also had a bad incident with marijuana where i normally toke once a week however i passed out from over in-halation the last time i smoked. I really dont know ifi should just get more sleep or is this a chemical imbalance in my brain?.. or neither?