I would like if someone could give me information about lung cancer. What causes lung cancer? What are the symptoms of this disease? What is the most effective treatment? How is lung cancer diagnosed? As you can see, I have a lot of questions.

The primary cause of lung cancer is tobacco smoke. The risk of getting a lung cancer is 10 times greater for smokers than non-smokers. However, this doesn't mean that non-smokers can't get it. Lung cancer affects more men then women. It is interesting that lung cancer kills more women every year then breast cancer. There are three main types of lung cancer: small cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. The most common symptoms of lung cancer are chronic cough, weight loss, excessive fatigue, persistent pain in the chest. Most lung cancer is diagnosed too late for curative treatment to be possible. Early diagnosis is difficult because many of the symptoms of lung cancer are similar to those of smokers' lung. When it comes to treatment, surgery can cure lung cancer but only if patients are suitable for this treatment. Surgical removal can be possible if the tumor has not spread outside the chest and does not involve vital structures such as the liver. Small cell carcinoma is treated with chemotherapy and chemotherapy has its side-effects like nausea, vomiting, hair loss etc.