Hi, folks. I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. I have been on the anti androgen therapy ever since, however I have the feeling that it does not help with my prostate cancer. I really don’t know what to do. I was hoping to find out some piece of advice here. I would really appreciate it.

Hi to you too. Anti androgens are used to block the effects of testosterone. Testosterone is a male sex hormone and it is believed to have stimulating effects in prostate cancer cells growth. Anti androgens alone are used in early cancer. Lowering testosterone leads the shrinking of the tumor. It also slows the growth. However, this does not cure prostate cancer. If you are not feeling well, you should consult your specialist. Maybe you need some additional therapy like radiotherapy or surgery. I hope everything will be fine.