Hi, please help, I had anterior cervical surgery on 2-03-10 and it went fine however prior to surgery the doctor informed me that the incision would be 1-2" either on the left of right side of my neck however post surgery shows otherwise. My incision is at least 3-4 inches and runs across the middle of my neck. Also there's another small incision in the back of my neck approx 3/4-1 inches long. I'm CONCERNED. I called the doctor office and spoke to the nurse and she said it's an illusion because the clue might cause folds on my neck which seems like the incision is longer than what it is. I can tell you it's not an illusion, I can see the cut. They also told me that there isn't suppose to be any incision in the back of my neck and that the doctor do not have any record of it. I can't believe what I just heard, should I be alarmed? The incisions are there no doubt because I can feel the cut and there's glue and tape on it, I have had my daughter and son verify and they say the same thing, you can see the cut and its purple. When the I had my surgery there was a nerve doctor there to monitor my nervous system, i'm wondering if the incision in the back of my neck was a result of that. I'm going in to have them check the incisions, Please HELP. I would appreciate your advise/input, thanks in advance.

After I had the same surgery I thought the same thing..my surgeon said you wouldn't hardly notice the incision.
Well I noticed it! It was the first thing I noticed when looking in the mirror. I had surgery alittle over 4 yrs ago and I want to tell you the scar from the incision is barely noticable. I see it...because I am looking but truth is it blends in with the fold in my neck and others don't see it unless they try to find it.
Give it awhile, to heal more, and I think you will be surprised at the results.
Hope this puts your mind at ease.