long story, sort of short. i had an accident where I fractured (cleanly according to dr) bones in my C4, C5, C6. I was put in a hard aspen brace for 6 weeks and upon flexion/extension x-rays was advised to immediately get a cervical fusion on my C5-C6 which I'm currently recovering from. prior to surgery, I had numbness in my right thumb and A LOT of weakness in my bicep and tricep with sharp shooting pains running down my arm. after surgery, it all immediately disappeared and I'm in a Miami-j collar (more comfortable for me). a few days after surgery, my numbness returned in the same thumb and my deltoid started to feel weak and my right arm will feel numbness throughout occasionally. 4 weeks post surgery, my doctor saw me and told me to keep wearing the brace for at least another 4 more weeks. a week after that appointment, I started to feel buzzing in my legs whenever I bend over (slightly with neck), reach and touch the back of my neck, or do some very gentle exercise at the gym (recumbent bike or treadmill), and possibly when I'm out in really hot weather. I freaked out about the buzzing so my dr told me to get flexion/extension X-rays early which turned out to look good. I see the dr again in a few weeks for my 8 week post op checkup but this buzzing is really bugging me. it doesn't hurt, just feels weird and comes and goes depending on my activity level, my body position and possibly exposure to heat. anyone have any similar post surgery buzzing appearing and did it eventually go away? my dr says he's not sure what is causing it. I also have some lumps near the incision that kind of feels like hardware to me, but was told its just soft tissue swelling. I'm 35, very active and in good shape and would like to return to a normal life soon... riding a bike, lifting weights, running, hiking, etc . 

ooops... now logged in. thanks for any replies!

I started with leg buzzing/tingling symptoms along with lack of coordination. It was diagnosed as c5-c6 collapsing and putting pressure on my spinal cord. After ACDF, the neck seems to be healing fine (3.5 months post surgery), but the leg issues have not gotten better (well, maybe a little). I work out with weights (1/2 normal for arms; 100% for legs) being careful not to stress my neck too much. Have been cleared for tennis after month 4, but I wonder how well I will do since I am not very agile. Have been told the spinal cord is VERY slow to heal when it is bruised (6 - 12 months and longer) and may not recover all the way. I would think if you are having issues with your legs, it is possible the spinal cord has gotten involved (the arm problems are probably the nerves coming out of the spinal cord to run down your arm. Good luck, Jon

8 weeks post-op and was cleared from the neck brace. doc says I have swelling around my spinal cord which is most likely causing the buzzing. I was told to avoid "contact" sports for at least 8 weeks. it's been 10.5 weeks post-op and went for my first mountain bike ride in 4 months. no buzzing during the ride except if I bend my neck a certain way downward. guessing that bending my neck a certain way puts more pressure on the swelling. good luck with recovery for tennis!