My husband felt pain on his neck and right hand. Went for a x-ray and is diagnosed to suffer from spinal stenosis c4, c5 & c6 with buldging disk. He has been going for therapy for almost 6 months but the doctor advised him to undergo surgery in order to fully recover. On several occasions, we tried to have sex but stopped after a while as he felt pain on his neck or hand. Is the pain due to stress exerted to his neck and hand? As such, he seems to lose interest in sex. Is this normal? Please do share with us if you have the same experience. Thanks.

I was just diagnosed with spinal stenosis C4-C5. I too have recently experience with a sudden onset of a throbbing headache, starting from the spine and tightening around the base of my skull until it reached my temples, mostly my right temple hurt. The headache came on during sex too. Twice. I thought it was a sinus headache the first time, but it was so bad I had to lay down on my back and not move (and hope not to vomit) for couple minutes. My ortho spinal specialist put me on a prescription for physical therapy along with a steroid injection. Surgery as a last resort. Physical therapy helped me better than an osteopathic adjustment. Let me know how you are doing.

Regards,
"Pain in the neck"

I too was recently diagnosed with the same issues as your husband. Reading your post is a photocopy of what I am going through with my husband except I am the one who couldn't carry through with sex because of the pain. I now have pain medicine and can have sex but now i cant orgasim! This is horrible!

I was just diagnosed with the same thing. How long can we live like this and still have a normal life

I am a 60 year old female who also has been diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis C4, C5 & C6 which is painful with sitting and other activities however it has not interferred with sex (average of 4-5 times/week)