My parents never told me to retract my foreskin when I was younger, and recently I have been trying to do it. I can easily pull it back all the way when I am soft but if I get hard after I pull it back it feels painful. Also, it is very difficult to move back over the head when I am erect. I just started trying stretching today, what are the best ways to do this? Also, when I retract it while erect, the foreskin doesn't go all the way back on top because my head is shaped like == if the = is the shaft and the is the direction of the head, will stretching fix this? Also, how long will this approximately take because I have a girlfriend and sex is a possibility soon.

Sidenote: My head is also extremely sensitive, even if I just touch it or let water from the shower head hit it, it feels slightly painful, similar to the feeling if you keep trying to masturbate after you orgasm, will this go away if I regularly retract my foreskin?

Thanks for the help! BTW - circumcision is not a viable option, please do not suggest it

Also it is uncomfortable (I'm not sure if it's painful or not) to retract while I am erect

I do wonder where young teens are getting their 'shoulds' and theories, but no, there is no reason that your parents 'should' have told you to retract your foreskin - please don't sue or divorce your parents (it's happened). The test for a normal foreskin is: do you experience pain when flaccid (non-erect) or when erect? If not, it's normal.

The next level is satisfaction: can you experience orgasm through masturbation. If so, then again, it hasn't stopped you or your penis doing nature's most desired (and young people's most feared - go figure) thing, and producing sperm.

If, when you reach the age of majority (right) and start having sex you find it frustrating, because you are unable to ejaculate for some reason, then you have another question, at that time. Right now, you, and it, are normal. Let it be.

I feel pain if I have my foreskin retracted then I become erect, it is also slightly painful to retract while erect, I think that is a problem. Also, it gets stuck and is hard to pull back over the head while erect. I have no problems when flaccid though.

Also - I'm not mad at my parents or anything, but that just kinda seems like something you tell your child...

Well, if you can imagine an entire library - your school library, that's how much your parents could tell you about life, at least as they lived it. They respect your right to have your own life, so edit what they know - as I do - for your consumption. If you're still concerned, and it is uncomfortable, it's reasonable to ask: go see a doctor.

Take care.

Hi Daredemon:

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

You are normal for your age. It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. One can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.