Hi, my sister suffers from sever pain and a doctor prescribed her ultram. She already started using it, and she doesn’t know anything about it. I could really use some information about ultram, just in case that she has some side effects. Thanks!

Hello, my mother was using ultram for sever pain too. This narcotic pain reliever really helped her, and she uses it every time when she has a strong pain. She didn’t have any side effects, but some other patients had allergic reactions, seizures, skin rash and weak pulse. Ultram is just a brand name of this drug, and its generic name is tramadol. It is available in injectable and oral preparations. My mother was using it oraly, first a 50 mg tablet daily , and then she increased the dose to 300 mg a day. If your sister had any problems with liver and kidneys, or if she had a metabolic disorder or alcohol addiction, she should tell her doctor about that. Be aware that ultram overdose could be fatal, so don’t ever take too much of this medicine.