Hi, I am a 45 years old woman. I have the strong headaches and I have to make up my mind which medicine to use. Does anyone know which one is better, vicodin or tramadol?

Hi, I used vicodin a long time ago when I had a surgery. I also used tramadol recently, because of some headaches. Vicodin(hidrocodone) really helped me to calm down after the surgery and to relax because the pain was unbearable. I used it probably longer then I should have, and I almost became psychologicly addicted to it. This is the only thing I didn’t like about vicodin. I knew some people who became addicted, and it was very hard for them, because hidrocodones chemical effects are similar to those of heroin. However, tramadol is, as I heard, opioid with a low risk of dependence compared to traditional opioids. In the US its brand name is ultram. Tramadol is available in both oral and injectable preparations, but I used it only oraly.

ultram does not have a low risk of addiction. many people think this as it was marketed that way. but, it is both physically and psychologically addictive. believe me i have never had a problem with any other opiate and i am completely addicted to ultram/tramamdol and it is extremely hard to stop. i am going into rehab next week. also, i worked at an addiction clinic where all the docs said it is most certainly a dangerous addictive drug just like the rest of the opiates if not worse.