I am desperate! I woke up with a rash type appearance on my face and one side of my neck. It did not itch and it almost looks like a burn. I have also had a pain in the upper right part of my abdomen. I went to the ER and they did blood work and a urine test. The only thing the doctor could find was a bladder infection, well She said the rash was actually was pitikia, but could not give me any explanation for the cause of it or the jaundice. The area is quite large; I literally looked like I had raccoon eyes except they were purple. The rash is still on my face and my eyes are still yellow.

It seems to me you have three typical symptoms of liver disease: pain on the right side, jaundice and pitikia. This is not normal or nearly normal. Something is happening there, it could resolve without treatment I guess, but since you don't know how serious it is, it's better to get a diagnosis. It's important that you mention to your doctor what exactly was your diagnosis because there is possibility that you have some anatomical or functional disorder of bile ducts which are indeed much harder to diagnose. Don’t let this be unexplained.

Janeva, I was wondering if you ever found out what was going on with your symptoms. My 3 year old son has exactly the same symptoms and we're taking him into the doctor today. let me know if you got an answer.
Thanks,
Andrea

What did they say about your son? My son, also 3 was hospitalized a month ago with influenza with the strange pitikia all over his face. Now, this weekend he has them again. The doctors are perplexed. Just wondered what you found out.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **