I'm a 46 year old female who has developed a rash around the eyes almost 1 year ago. The rash is only around the eyes and extends to the eyebrow. They ich alot. I've seen 5 doctors who don't seem to know what it is. They keep giving me steriods which clears it up but once I am finished with the steriods, it comes back, sometimes worse. The doctor's tried creams, but did not work. The medication only makes them ich more, or they seem to burn and make the eyes water. Is there anyone out there who has developed this condition and has stumped their doctors on what it is? Can it be a bacteria infection? Please let me know. This has been going on for 11 months and I'm not sure if I can take it any more. The rubbing of the eyes has caused it to be dry, chapped and sore. Could this just be an allergy? If so, what can be done? I can't keep taking steriods to control the condition. I need to find out what it is to attack the cause......

I have this too, anyone have any ideas?

Curious if you've had any luck in finding out what you have. It sounds as if we have the same thing. Just around my eyes...and I've been to the allergy doctor and dermatologist as well. Seems like a guessing game so far and none of the creams have taken the rash away. Please let me know if you ever find out what it is or how to treat it.

12/12/2007

Me too! I have noticed that in the last 8 months of having moved here from Michigan that I have a rash around my eyes. Especially around one more so than the other. I too have tried many things, from fish oil, to coca butter. Nothing is helping. I plan to go to health food store this weekend. I'll let you know the results.

I went to a dermatologist, who prescribed ZNP bar for washing my face and Protopic cream/ointment. They worked, but I later read online that there are lawsuits over Protopic causing cancer. My rash is back now and I'm not sure what to do. I do know that moisturizing creams are bad for this rash. I have been told it's like dandruff of the face and responds to dandruff preparations. It's like cradle cap in babies.

i get it every so often... it's a redness rash just above your eye and below your eyebrow... i think it could be eczema... it comes and goes as it's possible i could of eaten something im allergic to.

as you know... your body changes over time... old allergies go away... but new ones develop.

i try to stay away from steriod cream/ointments.

sometimes, i get it at the corner of my eyes also... but im not sure if that's the cause of my tears... possibly when i sleep and i tear a lil' and it sits there while i sleep. but tha'ts only an assumption on my part.

one possible method is to stay away from ALL processed foods for a couple weeks or a month. see if any of those conditions go away

I am facing the same problem. I have rash around my eyes for last 6 months.

My forehead and area around eyes and cheeks get sticky in the mornings as well. Dermatologist gave me hydrocortisane. It helps for a short time.

I am trying to see eye doctor if he can help.

I have had rash below my eyes for last 6months. It itches and it is spreading on cheeks.

Also the skin below eyes is turing loose. Dermatologist gave me hydrocortisone but it does help in long run. I am trying to see allergist and then eye doctor.

Please let me know if you find something on this

I am a long time sufferer of Eczema. I use DIPROSONE ointment to cure it.

I also have very sensitive skin. I have developed a similar rash sympton under the eye which grew over time. This condition is a form of "Psoriasis".

I was using DIPROSONE to cure this but it only seemed to make it worse as well as thin the skin because it is high in steroid.
I am now using a cream called "ELIDEL" its of the similar nature of DIPROSONE, but has much weaker cortisone/steroid and will not thin the skin or have other effects. It is FACE SAFE haha try it....seems to be working for me.

DB

P.S STAY AWAY FROM FACE CREAMS !!!!!! start washing your face with Aloe Vera (100% aloe vera).

Hope this helped guys

My sister is 49 and developed this rash around the eyes and it affects the mouth (lips swelling) too. She has nothing that would explain what this might be or what causes this. I suspect this is an accumulation of biotoxins/heavy metal toxicity with the immune system being too weak to fix this. I am going to try a bio/heavy metal detox program in the hope this will help strengthen the body's immune system. I came across www.heavymetaldetox.com I will try that.

This came out of nowhere for her.

I seem to have got this rash overnight, i also have a very bad cough which i have had for 6 weeks, this rash is above my eyes and under my eyebrows. I have tried running a glass over the rash and it does not disappear, i didn't have my tb jab done, i was worried it could be terburculusis. If anyone finds out what this rash could be could you please let me know.

Ive had this for nearly three years now and also as a last ditch measure, got prescribed ELIDEL, however, I know that this cream is relatively new and theyre still checking the side effects....

...anyways, this is how Ive started to naturally treat and control the problem, with exceedingly effective results.

Most Important - NATURAL YOGHURT on the FACE's affected areas, every day, even twice a day to begin with...this really did work fast, within a week the rash had virtually vanished...Ive been reading research by Japanese scientists, they are getting brilliant skin healing/calming results.

I take x1 BIOTIN vitamin capsule everyday (the condition seems to be related to BIOTIN, type of Vitamin B deficiency)

I take X1 Vitamin B capsule a day, like BIOTIN lacking in the skin.

I take X1 Vitamin E capsule a day, also brilliant for sensitive skin types.

Good Luck to all!

Ive had this for nearly three years now and also as a last ditch measure, got prescribed ELIDEL, however, I know that this cream is relatively new and theyre still checking the side effects... not to overly worry anyone but it seems to be somewhat carcinogenic.

...anyways, this is how Ive started to naturally treat and control the problem, with exceedingly effective results:-

Good Luck to all!

Just read all these posts re the eye rash thing.
I have a similar thing sometimes bothers one side more than the other.
But here's the thing, about two years I had to have some polyps removed from my sinus, now after that the doctor said that they may have formed due to an allergy. There was a two year waiting list on our National Health so I paid £360 for the test and it showed up that I was allergic to dust mites. So now I am on another list to go on a course of injections to build up a resistance and am currently taking antihistimines (sorry about spelling) but here is the interesting thing that may help some of you - I was told to reduce the fabrics in my bedroom as they are great harbors for the dustmite - carpets gone and just blinds in the windows - but also to wash all my bedding in at least 60 degrees as anything below will not kill the mites - which are everywhere in their millions. When you get up in the morning hang your bedding up and open the window to air, especially pillows. When you think about it your face is in contact with the pillow the most and if you have the same allergy to me, which is very common I am told, this could be what's bothering you.
Worth a try good luck

A few months ago, out of nowhere I got a rash on both eyelids. I am 43. Red, itchy, rough. I tried a few creams and was getting ready to make an appt. with the dermatologist when I read online about someone who'd had this same problem and whose doctor told her to wash the eyelids with Johnson's Baby Shampoo. She said it cleared up almost immediately. Well, I bought some Huggie's Baby Shampoo (Safeway didn't have the Johnson and Johnsons') and washed my eyelids with it and by the next morning the rash was gone. This has been a few months ago and it has never come back. That simple! Still don't know what it was but worth a try to anyone suffering from this. Hope it works!