I have noticed pain under right rib cage, which happens usually after I urinate. I have this pain for a week or a little bit more. Thought it does not last for a long time it worries me a lot. I would like to know if that could be some kidney disease. Could it be my right kidney is damaged, and how could I take care of it?

I cannot tell you right diagnosis just with this symptom you said. Your doctor should look you, and perform physical exam, with testing you and complete anamnesis. That is the only way to tell you exactly if that is some kidney problem or something else. There are some other organs under right rib cage, not just right kidney. I would strongly recommend you to see a doctor as soon as it is possible. Until then, I shall say to you something about symptoms for some kidney diseases. Kidney stones, for example, will cause bleeding and pain within the urinary tract. The pain from stones will be sharp and easily localized. Kidney stones do not generally cause increased pain and urinary urgency when recumbent. Urinary tract infections are usually painful regardless of the body's position and may be especially noticeable when lying down. I do not know if you recognized any symptoms with yourself, anyway you need to check that with your doctor.

I've been having pain under my right ribcage,it seems to be upper not lower, and sometimes my back hurts.The pain is so servere that at times I feel like I'm dieing. I've been to doctors, several, they have done a cat scan, ultrasound of the liver, a endoscope through the throat and colon. all they can tell me is I have a fatty liver. I'm seeing a specialist this coming week. I really hope that you find out what your problem is. For me this is stressful. I'm a women , in my thirties. I should be in excellent health. I'm not obese, I exercise regularly and watch my diet. I've added fiber to my diet, but that didn't help. There's alot of knowledge on the net,but nothing seems to make any difference to me . If you find help on a site please reply to this. I would like to know. Also have you had your blood checked? When they checked mine my hemoglobin was high, and so was my white blood cells.

This may or may not make a difference but lately I've noticed that I seem to get this rash under my skin. It looks like little blood spots. Then they go away.

Hope all goes well.

Tammy Jo

Legend
Hi there,

Did you ever had chance to do liver biopsy? This examn will take a tisse of your liver needed for exact test. There are diverse tests for viral hepatitis, so called hepatitis markers. It could easily be an viral hepatitis B or jaundice.

Here are some of the main (chronic and viral) Hepatitis symptoms:
    Anxiety
    Ascites (swelling in the stomach area)
    Blurred Vision
    Dark Urine
    Decline in sex drive
    Depression
    Dizziness
    Dry Skin
    Edema (swelling of the hands, feet & legs)
    Excessive gas
    Eye or eyesight problems (blurred vision or dry eyes)
    Fatigue
    Fever
    Flu-like symptoms
    Gray, yellow, white or light colored stools
    Headaches
    Hepatalgia (pain or discomfort in liver area)
    Hot flashes
    Indigestion
    Inflammation in the joints
    Insomnia
    Irritability
    Itching
    Jaundice (yellowing of eyes and/or skin)
    Joint pain
    Mood changes or swings
    Menstrual problems
    Muscle aches
    Nausea
    Rashes/Red spots
    Red palms
    Sensitivity to heat or cold
    Sleep disturbances
    Slow healing and recovery
    Sweating
    Vertigo
    Vomiting
    Water retention
    Weakness
    Excessive weight loss or weight gain

If you have several of symptoms listed above, I suggest you to see a specialist (an gastroenterologist) to determine what's wrong with you!

I hope this will help you!

Pseud0

well the pain under my right rib has been happening to me too im healthy and i eat well im not obese idk what it is and its slowing me down it hurts all the time especially really bad when i breath in and out. i dont know what i could be Im 18 and in good health ive never had something hurt this bad!! i mean id rather break my ankle again then feel this pain thtas how bad it is.

JUST GO TO A SURGEON AND ASK HIM/HER TO TAKE A LOOK INSIDE. TAKES NOT TIME (SCOPE) IN AND OUT OF HOSPITAL IN A DAY IF YOU GET A GOOD ONE. I HAD PAST SURGERY AND THIS HAPPENED TO ME THEY WENT IN TO SEE WHAT THEY COULD FIND AND MY COLON HAD ATTACHED ITSELF TO MY STOMACH AND I LOST A LITTLE WEIGHT AND THE PILLOW OF FAT IT HAD BEEN LAYING ON LEFT ME AND THE COLON WAS LEFT TO HANG.WHEN THEY SNIPPED IT LOOSE IT FELL RIGHT WERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. I FELT THE MOST WHEN I ATE A LARGE MEAL.

I had a similar pain around my chest/under my ribcage a few years ago.  One doctor thought it could be an inflammation of the chest wall lining, and although he couldn't confirm the diagnosis, he did prescribe an antibiotic which took care of it.  Good luck!

I am also having this issue. I am having pain along my right rib cage. It comes and goes and occasionally is worse in the morning after going to the bathroom. I am physically fit, young and drink approximately two glasses of red wine a night. I went to see multiple doctors. I've had a CT and MRI done. They found a small. They do not feel that would be causing my pain though. I am still having pain and can't figure out what it is. I have a upper endoscopy scheduled next month. I'm questioning if my pH level of my body is off or it is pain because my body is adjusting from pregnancy since I had a baby. Please keep me posted on your findings.