I'm a 40 yr old female. I too have had numbness on mostly the left side of my face, lips, tongue (sometimes makes it hard to talk), arm and a few fingers for the last 3-4 weeks. Also had bad taste in my mouth I couldn't get rid of, but not so bad now. Felt like the left side of my throat was swelling and my left ear felt like there was some pressure. Have a mild but constant headache going on 4 weeks now and some vision problems. I went to the doctor, several times. He didn't see any problems with my glands in my throat and ears didn't look bad. I had a temp of 99.4, but didn't really get much higher. All my blood test (thyroid, white blood cell count, liver, kidneys, and blood sugar) all came back normal. Doctor put me on antibiotics, but it didn't help. I was sent to a neurologist who thought it might be trigeminal neuropathy, but MRI came back yesterday normal. He also did not suspect MS, and I guess MRI supported that. I went to the dentist as well to make sure I didn't have anything going on there. There was a small cavity, but that's it.

Lupus has come up before in my past, but so far all my doctors are saying they don't think so. I have a positive ANA, but evidently the titer has to be at some certain level to suspect Lupus and mine wasn't that off (or whatever). I do have Reynaud’s syndrome and carpel tunnel. I also have a mild bulge in disc in my neck and lower back, and I tend to have jaw problems (stiff, pop, sometimes get irritated) if that could cause any of this. One more thing ... this all started after about 2 months ago I pulled a muscle in my lower right abdomen that took a few weeks to get better. It was not getting better after 2 weeks so he did a CT scan, which was normal. The pain did get better after about 3-4 weeks but during that time my BP was a little high, he decides to put me on Hydrochlorothiazide (water pill), and also tried lisinopril w/hctz and then Bystolic. He kept changing them because I started complaining about these face and hand problems. It was at the time I started the water pill at 24 mg that the symptoms started. The neurologist thought the Bystolic could cause issues with my Reynaud’s, which may explain the fingers problems. So, I just stopped the BP med's altogether. Besides my BP seemed more normal outside of the doctor’s office and he did say it can spike, I guess due to stress and pain, while in the doctor’s office. SO, BP was most likely not the reason for any of these symptoms. Now off all med's, but symptoms still there. Just wondering if Meds may have induced any of this?

The random numbness in my hands is nothing new, I get it off and on, and pretty much use to it. It's that, along with my face issues that are freaking me out a bit. I don't recall every having this problem before. I do have stress issues and the doctor wants me to go back on Lexapro, but I find it hard to believe stress can cause all this. I feel like the doctors are pushing my positive ANA and other problems to the side, saying it doesn’t mean much. It's just so frustrating! I'm starting to feel like this will never get better. I'm just hoping like my finger numbness comes and goes, so will this.

Hi North Texas,

I am a 24yr old female and have had your same symptoms on and off for the past few years. It starts as numbness in my fingers travels to my hands sometimes up my arm. Then my lips and sometimes my nose and tounge go numb. I then get blurred vision in my right eye. I too have had a weird taste in my mouth recently which is a new symptom. If you get any new info would you mind sharing it with me?

I have brought up my symptoms to Drs in the past and they do not seem to think it is a big deal. I suffer from migraines so they think it may be related. I am not really convinced because I don't ever get a headache with these unexplained symptoms.

Thanks,
Alexis

Hi im a 14yr old girl and I have the same symptoms as both of you.Its starts with the numbness and tingling in my thumb then moves to the rest of my fingers. It progresses down my arm and then to my mouth the inside to the outside.But it only occurs on my right side.My symptoms then progress to a stage where I am almost unconscious.I quite often vomit following this.If you have any information on any of these symptoms it would be greatly appreciated as the internet searches i have done have have brought up nothing.

Thanks

Sounds like anxiety, I've had it for years, in my early 20's it was panic attacks, I went to therapy and 3 - 6 months later no more panic attacks but still have mild anxiety with the numbness in arms and face, breathing into a paper bag helps or taking clonopin (.5 mg)

The popping in your jaw indicates that your tongue numbness may be due to damage of the lingual nerve. I don't know how your doctor can test for that, but its definitely something I would have them look into.

I have something very similar!! I don't have the arm numbness, but I have it in my head/face on the right side which does effect my vision at times. I also have a horrible taste in the back of my mouth frequently. ANY ideas about what it could be? I went to a neurologist and my EEG came back abnormal. I haven't had an MRI but the neurologist thought mini brain seizures. I don't think this is the case at all, but I'm not the doctor. I can function-- it's not really a headache, just a weird tingling and sensation. EEEK! HELP!!

I am 26 years old. I have very sensitive skin in which i get Exema (I am severely allergic to nickle and many other things). I devoloped a rash on my left side, lower back. It was like a rash I have gotten many times and assumed it would go away. No pain or sickness with it. Shortly after my toes on my left side went kind of numb. The feeling came back but then part of my left leg went numb. Again the feeling came back but then the numbness kept coming back and moving up until it was in my shoulder. Of course feeling would come back but I just kept assuming it was attributed to something I had done like laying on it while sleeping or overworking the area. This lasted for about 3 months. Then nothing. No numbness or anything. Then about 5 months later, out of the blue my tongue and roof of my mouth went numb and my sense of taste was altered. Everything I ate tasted disgusting almost to the point of not wanting to eat. I know....why didnt I go to the DR sooner.... no health insurance.... anyway.... I finally did go and was told the rash (which went almost all the way away) was shingles. I am at a point in life where stress is very high and it caused it to come out and attach my nervous system. I was given meds and was told it could make the symptoms worse before they would get better. A day after taking them the whole right side of my face went completely numb and Ive been getting horrible migraines. I felt very light headed and just really sick. I went back to the DR and was told to STOP taking the meds immeadiately. I was given steroids (Prednisone). I have just started taking it and am very hopeful. I see these commercials all the time for Shingles and it always says its a painful rash. It never says it could just show up with no other symptoms but then can hijack your body and make you feel like you are dying months later. Shingles is viral so from what im reading steroids seem the way to go. Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon! 

Go to a Hollistic doctor. I had the same symptoms I had mold toxins, and heavy medal toxins in my body toxin from my silver teeth in my mouth. Go to a Hollistic dentist I had mercury poisoning from my teeth.. Hollistic Dentist and Doctors no about toxcities and poisonings that main stream doctors do not no. They no the unfamiliar. I went to 35 main stream doctors and couldnt find out anything. My hands were numb my body parts would go numb nobody new anything for years it all started with my tooth and living in a house full of mold.

Go to a D.C. Doctor.

Go to a hollistic doctor or a hollistic dentist. I had the same thing I had mold and mercury poisoning.

I have all of these symptoms. I was diagnosed with Fibro 20 years ago. The numbness in my lips and face only started in the last couple of months. I also have a wierd taste in my mouth sometimes. I have also had increased pain in my joints and tissues. The doc upped my lyrica and the symptoms are now less pronounced.

I have the same symptoms for the last two weeks. I have not gone to any doctor . But I'm getting worried I'm just afraid to hear something. But I know it's important to go. And i may go to the ER. I just pop two or three advils and another three later. I hope you feel better

I had the same type of symptoms and they only grew worse. Finally I experienced a seizure. I was placed on dilantin and it took care of the numb tongue, hands and odd sensations.

had same symptoms sufffer from epilipsy doctor said id maybe had a mini stroke but mri scan says mini seizure . fingers and tongue been numb for three months now